What's new

Christmas Cheer 2000

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Bought 3 tins of this (and one of 99) some weeks ago and have begun to look at it pretty hard, what with Christmas right around the corner and all...

Well tonight, I just couldn't wait any longer to try it. So, I cracked open the tin and took a big whiff! Amazing how pipe tobacco can smell so much like Heinz Catsup!

Rubbed out a bit of it and packed my bowl. Very nice smoke. This tin might just not make it through till Christmas of ’06!

Of course, there are so many baccys to smoke… Marlin Flake, St. James Woods, the Old Gowrie from the 90’s that I couldn’t help but buy, Blackwoods. Where oh where will I find the time?

:dunno: :dunno:

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
After looking at my "cellar", I'm afraid you're right. In less than a month and a half, I've aquired more than 7 lbs of tobacco. :help: Surely I can't keep going at this rate, can I? :hysterica

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Better to stock up now ... ya never know when the smoke nazis will visit your state.
And the tobacco will only get better as it age. Most kinds anyway.

IHT

Im-Ho-Tep
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
bah.. where does everyone find all the aged stuff?? :boxing:

the oldest stuff i got was 2 tins of McClellands Anniv.

IHT

Im-Ho-Tep
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
You can get CC 2000 through 2006 at Iwan Ries

You can also find tobacco from as early as the 70's at Vintage Pipe Tobacco Shop
thank you very, very mucho.

i've got some of iwan ries' tobaccos, but never looked at Xmas cheer from there.

i did manage to snag the last known bit of Samuel Gawiths Christmas Blend '06 from some place. i got 4 ounces of the 40 lbs sent to the US.

again, thanks for the links.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Better to stock up now ... ya never know when the smoke nazis will visit your state.
And the tobacco will only get better as it age. Most kinds anyway.

...was this ever prophetic. Aged tobacco is a wonderful thing. I do miss the McClelland blends.