What's new

Christmas Drinks

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Same here, I need to try some good home made eggnog, not the store bought crap. I still think I wouldn't really like it though

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Here's a great eggnog recipe from a friend on the CF forum. I sampled some last Christmas and had a nice buzz by the time I finished my first glass. It's smooth and filling.

10 eggs, separated
3 cups granulated sugar
1.5 pints (24 fluid ounces) white rum
1 quart heavy cream
1 pint (16 fluid ounces) bourbon or whiskey
1 pint (16 fluid ounces) brandy
3 quarts milk
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Beat the egg yolks until smooth. Pour beaten yolk into pot or mixing bowl having at least a 6-quart capacity. Add the sugar and stir well. Add the rum slowly and beat to dissolve the sugar. Add the cream and stir to blend. Add the bourbon, brandy, milk, and spices, mixing well after each addition. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy and smooth but not too firm, about 3 minutes with an electric beater on high. Add the egg white to the mixture. Beat the mixture well, about 5 minutes. Ladle the egg nog into storage bottles, taking care to portion the foamy top froth equally into the bottles. Stir the mixture vigorously between bottles to mix up any sugar or spice sediment. Chill bottles. For a milder, creamier egg nog, drink within one day.

Egg nog can be aged for up to 6 weeks and gets stronger and more complex with time. Shake bottles at least once a week to keep mixed, and shake well before serving. Makes about 6 quarts.
I tried this one this year, uses more alcohol than the one I used to use, I like this one better!!!:bottle: :bottle: :bottle:

DSturg369

Pipe Smokin' Country Boy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coffee Nudge

Add the following to a large coffee mug....

1 shot Kalauha
1 shot Brandy
1 shot half & half
finish filling the mug with hot coffee
(optional) top with whipped cream
Enjoy!

:drool: :crosseyed :bottle:

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I like my whiskey and bourbon by themselves... no eggnog for me...
Damn right Clay

The perfect Christmas drink:
I Lead Crystal old fashioned glass (required only for Christmas, Pebbles and Bam Bam jelly glass will do just fine the rest of the year)
fill it 2/3 full with top shelf KY Bourbon or TN Mash.
sip it, when MT, repeat the process.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Damn right Clay

The perfect Christmas drink:
I Lead Crystal old fashioned glass (required only for Christmas, Pebbles and Bam Bam jelly glass will do just fine the rest of the year)
fill it 2/3 full with top shelf KY Bourbon or TN Mash.
sip it, when MT, repeat the process.
Slight variation:

1 12 inch antique cyrstal balloon glass that belonged to my Grandfather, the original draconian banker. (He shared drinks with Rockefeller and BlackJack Pershing with this set)
Pour 5 ounces of Remey Louis VIII,
Warm
Sip
Repeat

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Slight variation:

1 12 inch antique cyrstal balloon glass that belonged to my Grandfather, the original draconian banker. (He shared drinks with Rockefeller and BlackJack Pershing with this set)
Pour 5 ounces of Remey Louis VIII,
Warm
Sip
Repeat
Now that's just unfair. I'm drooling all over me keyboard!

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Carmel Apple:

6 oz's Fresh Apple Cider
2 oz's Butter Scotch Schnapps

Serve cold or warm.......tastes just like a Carmel Apple

Last edited:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Ok here is one of my favorites.

you'll need one decent sized rocks glass

2 ices cubes

fil halfway with your favorite scoth or bourbon

MMMMM GOOD

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Here's a great eggnog recipe from a friend on the CF forum. I sampled some last Christmas and had a nice buzz by the time I finished my first glass. It's smooth and filling.

10 eggs, separated
3 cups granulated sugar
1.5 pints (24 fluid ounces) white rum
1 quart heavy cream
1 pint (16 fluid ounces) bourbon or whiskey
1 pint (16 fluid ounces) brandy
3 quarts milk
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Beat the egg yolks until smooth. Pour beaten yolk into pot or mixing bowl having at least a 6-quart capacity. Add the sugar and stir well. Add the rum slowly and beat to dissolve the sugar. Add the cream and stir to blend. Add the bourbon, brandy, milk, and spices, mixing well after each addition. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy and smooth but not too firm, about 3 minutes with an electric beater on high. Add the egg white to the mixture. Beat the mixture well, about 5 minutes. Ladle the egg nog into storage bottles, taking care to portion the foamy top froth equally into the bottles. Stir the mixture vigorously between bottles to mix up any sugar or spice sediment. Chill bottles. For a milder, creamier egg nog, drink within one day.

Egg nog can be aged for up to 6 weeks and gets stronger and more complex with time. Shake bottles at least once a week to keep mixed, and shake well before serving. Makes about 6 quarts.
This is a great recipe. I'll be making a batch this week.