What's new

Christmas lights

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many of you guys are gonna be putting Christmas lights up on your house? I always do it every year, I don't have children, I just feel like Christmas lights make it feel so much more like Christmas time. This far south we don't have winter weather. ... And palm trees look weird with ornaments!!

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
We usually put lights up the front step railing and wrap some around the light which is on a pole in the front yard.

Now that my son is 5 we might do more because he loves it and we already have the lights.

For us its mainly white lights, just simple.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a whole separate topic right there!!
White or multi-color?
Ice cicle or single strand?
Mini-bulbs or the old school large ones?
LED or regular?
Inflatables?
Animatronics?

Lol!!

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
We are on the 10th floor, but for the first time in a while I have an external power outlet on the balcony. So I'm definitely thinking about it. Maybe some lights and a Santa. :)

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Icicle lights from the front gutters and string lights in the front tree. This was the first year I had to buy an extension pole to get the lights to the top of the tree. Neighbors prolly thought I looked like an idiot with my 11 ft pole stringing lights.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Probably won't get much of any Christmas decorations up this year. My plan is to go hit as many clearance sales as possible after Christmas this year then next year go all out with lights and decor

ren

From the Michigan Posse
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We have this lonely pear tree in front of our house that we decorate with lights only. We no longer do the whole house like when the kids were younger..

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My mum has me climbing through the trees out the front of her house every year, takes almost a day once ive replaced all the broken globes. they are all working when i put them away, seriously, how do they break from sitting in a box for most of the year!!!:argh:

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Oh yes. I will be putting them up. We have WAY to many and my wife feels the need to buy something new every year. It's not Christmas until we blow a fuse. Seriously we are like the Griswalds at Christmas time. I make the electric company very happy this time of year lol. But it is really cool to see my yard from miles away when I come he at night.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the topic of Christmas lights, I just got back from santas Wonderland in college station TX. Holy cow! Without a doubt the biggest and most awesome light display I have ever seen. Did the hay ride thing with the kids, ate meat on a stick, had fake snow blown all over me, saw a baby wallaby, roasted hot dogs over a fire, more meat on a stick and a funnel cake for the wife the size of a spare tire. Topped it all off by petting a reindeer. Cant wait to do it next year! Go meat!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I arrived in AFG the group before had already built up their cigar lounge with all kinds of Christmas lights, we just kept them up because it looked so cool a night. -A gazebo with white light nets hanging down from the roof and all kinds of small lanterns and multi-colored lights strung up to the ceiling. Great hangout after work! Christmas or not, when we hang out there it feels like the holidays.