What's new

Churchills?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Hi guys. I'm not a huge churchill fan myself, I tend towards the smaller smokes (Torps are about the biggest I go for normally), but my FIL smokes them almost exclusively. For future reference, what would you say is the best, moderately priced, cuban churchill out there? Whenever I get around to making my first ISOM purchase I figure I'll grab a few singles of Churchills to send to the FIL.

Thanks!

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Right now I am smoking through some RyJ Churchils of various dates that I have gotten from some friends. I like them alot! Upmann Sir Winnies, Monarchs and Monarcas are all mighty fine too. I don't know what you consider moderately priced, but Sir Winnies are NOT. They are worth the price imho however.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I find the SLR Churchill to be the best moderatly priced Cuban churchill. Very sweet and honey tasting and very consistant. They smoke very well when young and age very well. Medium bodied and about $75.00 less than the Sir Winnies and about $200.00 less than the Esplendidos.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I'll be getting these in singles, so if you want to post prices and know the singles price that would be great. Some good suggestions so far, thanks guys!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
You think Cliff? LOL. Old thread topper! I've got three or four Churchills on the list but after that 03 ERDM last night it's definately up at the top.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
JW, I would consider the LGC Tainos. They can be had in boxes of 10 for about $100, with an '01 date code. Keep a few for yourself and send the rest to the FIL.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Eh, I didn't. The original post if you read it is from quite a while back. However, it is an ongoing issue. I need to get some to have around because whenever he comes he tends to grab whatever I have that's that size if he hasn't brought his own. Which means I've lost some nice EL's and such to him that were gifted to me because I've always told him to just grab whatever. If I get a box of Churchills I can just point him to those and not have to worry about losing special smokes.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Time to put the FIL in place Jason :ninja: I think you need a designated corner for him and that's it :headroll:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
LOL Cliff. The man's been great to me, I have no problem opening my humi to him. Just easier if I've got smokes I know he likes and can offer those.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Good strategy :thumbsup: It's the "blind him with his favorite cigars so he won't think about mine" strategy...Nice!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
First, it's awesome that you have a great relationship with your FIL. Sounds like you are very generous. Have you asked him which is his favorite churchill? Maybe he will give you the answer. If you are planning on just buying a box the SLR's are smoking superb as an 05.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
He actually really likes Ashtons, but to be honest...I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on an NC. If it's going to reside in my humi, it's going to be something I'm going to smoke on occasion as well. Plus, he's not all that picky. So long as it's a good smoke he's happy. As to generousity, the man has shown me more than I can begin to pay back so I'm just trying to be worthy of what he's shown me. :thumbsup:

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
If it's Ashton's he likes (and not the VSG's) then he probably likes a milder smoke. The Hoyo DC's would be my first choice. Second, the R&J Churchill would be a classy smoke. I'd also vote for the QdO's mind you. Can't go wrong with any of these.