LENGTH: 5"
RATING: 92

Cigars #7, #6, #5 will be announced on Tuesday, Jan. 5

Cigars #4, #3, #2 will be announced on Wednesday, Jan. 6

#1 Cigars of 2009 will be announced on Thursday, Jan. 7

The entire list of the Top 25 Cigars of 2009 Friday, Jan. 8

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I always find it an interesting read, but don't put too much into it. Smoke what you like and you'll never be sorry.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Always interesting to see what they churn out. It's funny that there's so much controversy over the list - good debate is always fun. You can't argue though that their rankings impact sales, curious to see who gets #1 this year.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
If I had to guess what THEY are picking it would be the Padron 64 A just because of there ranking this year.
My pick Sw Maddie and its said that about 6 of his smokes were rated this year. Come on CA!

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
CA top ten always amuses me. What makes a cigar great varies from person to person. CA may say they do everything to get non biased results but the amount of cigars they smoke they know what they are smoking with or without the band on. and as said before the only people who really care who the top cigars are the makers and vendors cause CA list does affect sales. always remember, smoke what you like,try different things, everything else is commentarry

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Any list like this ("Cigar of the Year") is going to be flawed, since nobody (not even CA apparently) can smoke every cigar on the market...So, each list becomes a "Best" list of the cigars that were SMOKED...(and I am not even going to get into the fact that the CA "reviewers" only smoke the first 1/3rd of each cigar for their review)...

For example, the "Cigar of the Year" list on my site has quite a few different companies on it, but none of Dion's sticks cracked the Top 10...Why? Well, it is not because they don't deserve to be in the list, or that they are crap sticks by any means...the simple reason is that I did not review a bunch of his sticks before the end of the year...

~brooks

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I'm glad the OWR maduro got a nod--that's a great maddie.

I'm betting the Padron 45th will be #1, and we'll see two Tats on the list.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
CA's top twenty five always seems to be kind of an strange, they have some great sticks mixed in with some that make you scratch your head and wonder why.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
CA's top twenty five always seems to be kind of an strange, they have some great sticks mixed in with some that make you scratch your head and wonder why.
I agree, but it's a "relative" list. They don't pick the 25 best-tasting cigars in the world (or it would be too similar from year to year). They give preferential treatment to new cigars, cigars that have never made the list before, and good dollar-value cigars. And obviously, it's chosen by a panel of specific people--namely old guys with a chubby for the Cubanesque flavor profile above all others.

That being said, I also take "The List" for what it's worth. I certainly don't ignore it--if there is a stick on the list I haven't tried, it will go on my "must try" list. I had never heard of the Casa Magna before last year's list, and I like that cigar a lot now. But I seldom agree with CA's ratings or the order in which they set the cigars on the list.

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
That is wild they only smoke the 1st third. Cigars change so much during the smoke that doesn't even seem like a review. I have smoked plenty of sticks that start off good and get harsh after the first third to the point I don't enjoy them

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
One of there videos had David Savono stating why they do it. Basically the don't have the time or palete to smoke the whole stick.