What's new

Cigar Aficionado Discussion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was referred here by a friend of mine and he told me this is one of the best places to talk about cigars. I hope this first post isn't too wild of me. I thought this is a very interesting read though:

forums.cigaraficionado.com/eve/forums?s=2346043451&a=tpc&m=333108215&f=3696075

What do you guys think? The editor actually responded and I think his response needs to face the issues better.

Tex

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Welcome Tex...and good first post. I recall reading that story but must have missed all that about Meek being a flip-flopper.

I totally agree that is certainly raises an eyebrow for a cigar magazine to publish a 5-page article about a "cigar loving" politician who voted FOR a HUGE cigar tax.

i would be very curious to hear what the cigar manufacturers in miami think of this guy, as gordon mott suggests. I do recall that he almost exclusively smokes padrons and that he has met and befriend the padron family. gordon suggests that he is doing something right, despite voting for the tax bill. i wonder what it is.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Welcome Tex
CA hypocrisy at it's finest! It's hard to fathom they would pimp this a$$hole. And Mott's comeback was like tripping Heather Mills McCartney (No leg to stand on). Luckily Florida doesn't do much with tobacco...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. An interesting read. Once again CA misses the point and manages to alienate the very people that make up their base market. It's also unfortunate that Mr. Mott is unable to admit a mistake or error when clearly and intelligently confronted.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of the hospitality. This is a much nicer welcome than most other forums I've participated in. I appreciate it.

I'm glad you guys agree - Cigar Aficionado really surprised me with the arrogant response, but I do also wonder.. what IS Meek doing so right in Florida??

Someone actually brought up a good question in the cigar shop today - what if CA is actually doing the story to "call out" Meek in order to put pressure on him in the future to vote the other way...

Any thoughts on that?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome

good article by the way......I bought the april issue but have not had a chance to read it yet....

Dan

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Welcome!

cA (I capitalized the A for Aficionado since the cigar part of the title is almost invisible) is garbage and has been for a long time now. I don't support that magazine or anything they do. The blogs from James Suckling aren't bad..other than that no thanks.