What's new

Cigar Aficionado Top 25 for 2011

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Yeah, I really think EPC deserves a Top 5, if not better. I liked the 85th, but do not see it as the year's best. Personally, I liked the Tat TAA as much as anything I smoked this year.

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
Dont think the 85th got reviewed yet by CA, did it? However, looking back at this years past issues the 44 natty got the highest score for a NC. It will be a Padron, My Father or LFD if based off the scores for the year.

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Dont think the 85th got reviewed yet by CA, did it? However, looking back at this years past issues the 44 natty got the highest score for a NC. It will be a Padron, My Father or LFD if based off the scores for the year.
44 Nattie is the shizz!!! I wouldn't hate that choice.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
High hopes...thinking mfle 11...wonder if quesada espana or brex will make the list. Same with ss maddy...a lot of good sticks this year. Can't wait to see their thoughts. But would not be surprised to see padron on top. Would not be my top but see why it would be too.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
wild card of top 25: AB, and probably the american classic. they took a shine to it at first, and there is always the odd cheapie in there.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
and don't get me wrong, am smoking a black market for lunch, and would vote that myself, but the american classic will probably be the WTF of the list

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
44 Nattie is the shizz!!! I wouldn't hate that choice.
One of the best cigars to come out in the last few years. Only natty I love of their whole line. Would love to see this as well but don't think it will happen. Maybe the Cohiba 1966?????

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Predictions:
4 CCs in top 10, balance NCs.
Padron will be #2.

I'll see if I can think of any others.
Really I am only expecting 3 CC's. Habanos doesn't advertise that much

One of the best cigars to come out in the last few years. Only natty I love of their whole line. Would love to see this as well but don't think it will happen. Maybe the Cohiba 1966?????
Really shouldn't be. As far as I am concerned these were only any good when fresh off of the table. Right now people are buying them in hopes they become good.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Seems like they've been warming too them, better scores, and after Sucklings departure, the Big Smoke with Ajay, and the Havana special, I think CCs will get exposure.
Here is hoping you are right but I am not expecting much. Havana article sold magazines as it was by far the best issue they have done in years. Putting more cc's into the top 10 doesn't help sell or bring in more revenue so we shall have to see. CC's have always rated fairly well as Suckling was always leaning that way quite a bit but we seem to see 3 at most in top 10.

JVB

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I think top ten will have an Illusione Epernay, EPC Short Run, Aging Room Presto (they've been all over that this year), PAM 85, Four Kicks, Tat Black PL (hoping)and for CC Cohiba 1966, H Upmann and Partagas... let's see, that makes 9... and either a Quesada, Torano, or Casa Fernandez

Just Guesses, of course.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Yeah, I really think EPC deserves a Top 5, if not better. I liked the 85th, but do not see it as the year's best. Personally, I liked the Tat TAA as much as anything I smoked this year.
They definitely deserve to have a cigar in the top 5-10 and maybe two in the overall list. They released some great cigars this year. I absolutely loved the NWC Churchill.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I would bet an Oliva V will be in the top 10 this year as it has every year for the last 4-5. Wouldn't surprise me to see it there again this year.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Standouts from me that I could see making the list...

Tatuaje TAA
Tatuaje Capa Especial
LFD Colorado Oscuro
LFD AirBender Maduro
Liga UF-4
AB Black Market
Jaime Garcia LE 2011
Padron Serie 1926 80yr Perfecto

I definitely think at least 3 CC's, since I don't know them well, I can't speculate, but I wouldn't be surprised to see something from Cain, Room 101 or something along those lines sneak in a spot or two too.

It seems these lists usually cover a few CC's, the top sellers for NC's, a couple super rare NC's and a handful of "value" sticks that really bring some nice flavor.

....and at least one stick that makes you scratch your head because it was the cheapest, nastiest tasting stick you smoked all year.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm gonna go with a Cohiba 1966 in one of the top 2 spots..

Wouldn't be surprised if there was a PAM85 up there as well!

I think a Trinidad Robusto T will be in the top 10.. Such a fantastic stick!

Tat black PL are good as well!