What's new

Cigar and Beverage pairings?

Mr.OneNineDoubleDeuce

The Machine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few specific pairings which I have found to ehance the smoking experience:

Partagas Lusi and Gin and tonic: The refreshing properties of the gin and tonic clean out my palatte enough to enjoy the flavors of a Partagas Lusi.

Bolivar Chico with Bacardi Select: Believe it or not, this tiny cigar/cigarillo packs a nice earthy, toasted tobacco flavor that coupled with the caramel notes of the Bacardi select make the taste buds dance!

PSD#4 with Seltzer Water: A non-descreipt pairing, but a fresh PSD#4 is nice and strong. Coupled with the water, you won't get the dizzy's while enjoying the cigar.

Trini Reyes with Dalmore Cigar Malt: This firecracker of a cigar is packed with spicy notes and a sweet flavor that go well with this single malt scotch..neat of course!

Trinidad Fundadore with..NOTHING: This cigar is so smooth, so flavorful, that to smoke it with anything would do it an injustice (my opinion of course).

Diplomatico#4 with coffee: A great morning smoke that, coupled with a good cup of coffee (and I'm not much of a coffee drinker) brings out the flavors of the cigar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sig I and coffee.

Choix supreme and coffee. Really enhances the coffee flavour of this cigar. A must pairing with this cigar.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I only drink water with my cigars. I don't care for the drink marring, or enhancing the cigar. I Just want the tobacco.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Ditto on the Rum and Coke with Bolivars, Rum and coke is my favorite mixed drink. I found it also go's well with Monte #2's and VR Famoso's but with especailly well with Boli's. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I moving towards nothing, or carbonated water with lime. A good scotch or other whiskey is always nice, but you can screw up one or both if you don't have the pairing right.

If you go with something non-alcohilic, there is less of a chance you'll flatten out the cigar flavor.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
The Prince said:
I only drink water with my cigars. I don't care for the drink marring, or enhancing the cigar. I Just want the tobacco.
It's the same for me. I like to taste the tobacco and nothing else. I have found that drinking sweet beverages prevent me from tasting the tobacco fully.

I might be singing a different tune if I could tolerate straight liquor though.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am big on pairing different cigars with different single malts... guess that is just how I like it... Strong variants of partagas with talisker, cohiba with oban, cohiba siglo range with Glenkinchie, bolivar with Lagaluvin, punch with Ardberg, H.upmann with Laphroaig etc etc... that is just an overall pairing....then you have the different cigars within the marcas to pair up with a particular single malt

LasciviousXXX

One Bad M.F.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's either Club Soda / Whiskey / Martini / or Coffee for me. I usually pair each with different types of smokes, however a nice Club Soda is my drink of choice as it cleanses my palate and refreshes my taste buds

Eric E

HCF Senior Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of the Vegas with a glass of port. I like this pairing for after dinner. Sweet port with the chocolate finish of a Vegas is nice. Not every night, mind you, but it can be sublime.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Some people do not change, David and beer, Mike and MC #2, Todd and nothing, Brian and coffee, Kirk and Boli's, Fitz and Sam Adams. I like the thread, but moreso the fine brothers in it being the same as I know them now.

I have most of my cigars going to work with coffee and most on the ride home with water. Someone laughed at me when I posted I liked Smirnoff Ice at home, but that too was a long time ago. CHEERS !

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Nice top Steve

Depends but I like water, gin & tonics, beer (mostly stouts/porters), port.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Different cigars with different drinks. Vodka needs a different cigar than scotch. For instance the perfect cigar with Vodka is a Cusano Corojo, and I like a Padron with Glenlivet...