What's new

cigar apps for android

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Ok, i am looking for apps for the android system on my droid x. anybody got any ideas free or not . i just want one that works.

When in doubt, smoke
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Using RateMyCigar on my X and been happy with it. Simple inventory list with space for price an notes, rating system. Has a "pick random" feature that if you check the include in random box you can have it randomly pick a cigar from your inventory. Export/import via csv for fiddling from a computer.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I have been trying to set up a google spread sheet to maintain mine. That way I could enter all the info on a computer. I have tried a couple of the "humidor" apps but havent really been happy with them, if I am going to do something I want to make sure it is done right and I just have noticed a lot of misinformation / not enough information.

JGD

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
If/ when Mobile Stogie is available it is a pretty decent app for organizing your stash. It allows you to take notes on all your cigars and organize them by humidor. There are some obvious errors in it regarding the information about some cigars (according to the app one of the Cuban Davidoff vitolas is still in production), and some cigars are missing from the list. But overall it's a nice app.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I've been using the MyCigarBook Plus Trial Version 4.0. Its ok. Pretty basic way to keep a tab on what you've smoked and notes. Also lets you take a pic of the cigar and save it so you have a visual. I'll eventually buy the $0.99 version when I'm not being so lazy.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
If/ when Mobile Stogie is available it is a pretty decent app for organizing your stash. It allows you to take notes on all your cigars and organize them by humidor. There are some obvious errors in it regarding the information about some cigars (according to the app one of the Cuban Davidoff vitolas is still in production), and some cigars are missing from the list. But overall it's a nice app.
My understanding is that this is all being remedied by a revision currently in the works.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
It's funny that there is all this demand for cigar apps, and every app out there seems to be lacking in some department. I wanted to get Mobile Stogie for our iPad, and it won't work )=

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Here is the list I have been working on in Google Spreadsheets to use on my droid. It takes a lot longer than I thought lol, I was hoping to get through the big names (illusione, padron, fuente, etc..) but looks like it will never happen at this rate. If anyone wants to lend a hand lmk.

Spreadsheet

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Dogwatch Cigar Radio now has an App for Droid (as well as the previous version for Apple)

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Shoot. I tried to get the app but the purchase didn't go through. My CC company froze transactions in a couple states due to fraud activity. I'll get it when it gets back to normal.

ahbroody

Daddy X3
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I've been using the MyCigarBook Plus Trial Version 4.0. Its ok. Pretty basic way to keep a tab on what you've smoked and notes. Also lets you take a pic of the cigar and save it so you have a visual. I'll eventually buy the $0.99 version when I'm not being so lazy.
I paid the dollar for the app. Just be aware when the trial ends you loose your data. It didn't transition to the paid app for me.
I was a little pissed. Having mostly cubans its not a perfect world but its okay.