What's new

Cigar Apps

Gabriel Theodoulos

Uncle Gabe
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
Question, what cigar app do you find yourself using?
Currently, I am using a pen and paper journal and writing my thoughts and comments there. But I would love to find an app I can throw on my android phone and tablet, so I can more easily share with others.
The following apps, I am trying right now:
Aficionado - This appears to be put out by Cigar Aficionado and is well built. The one thing I hate about this app is that the managers of this app come across to me to be rather snobbish. If the cigar you have is not on their database, or not up to their standards, you cannot add it. Being on a fixed income, I cannot afford the premiums, so this makes the app rather useless to me.

Cigar Geeks - The Cigar Geeks seems to be a good one. So far, they've had my Famous-Smokes/ Cigar Auctioneer sticks on their database, and I really appreciate that! The thing I don't like about this app is that they didn't have a free version of the app, and I was leary shelling out $4.00 for an app I knew little about. I had to hunt down their web site and check their database, but up to this point, I am liking it. Another thing I am not appreciating about this app is that their web site forces me to drop my VPN in order to access their online site (Not Cool!)

Sigaro - The last app I am looking at is Sigaro. It cost me a buck or two for the registered app, but they did offer it as a free version. The one thing I really LOVE about this app is that the devs are very quick to respond. They asked me for some feedback, and well... since they asked, I gave it to them! Within a half hour, one of the devs responded and added my suggestion! That got my attention real quick. The one thing I really am turned off about this app is that if you want to use all the bells and whistles, the subscription fee is $4-5.00 a month! Personally, I don't mind paying $1-2.00 for a useful subscription service, but $4-5.00 is a bit harsh for me.

So, what app do you use?

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Hello All,
Question, what cigar app do you find yourself using?
Currently, I am using a pen and paper journal and writing my thoughts and comments there. But I would love to find an app I can throw on my android phone and tablet, so I can more easily share with others.
The following apps, I am trying right now:
Aficionado - This appears to be put out by Cigar Aficionado and is well built. The one thing I hate about this app is that the managers of this app come across to me to be rather snobbish. If the cigar you have is not on their database, or not up to their standards, you cannot add it. Being on a fixed income, I cannot afford the premiums, so this makes the app rather useless to me.

Cigar Geeks - The Cigar Geeks seems to be a good one. So far, they've had my Famous-Smokes/ Cigar Auctioneer sticks on their database, and I really appreciate that! The thing I don't like about this app is that they didn't have a free version of the app, and I was leary shelling out $4.00 for an app I knew little about. I had to hunt down their web site and check their database, but up to this point, I am liking it. Another thing I am not appreciating about this app is that their web site forces me to drop my VPN in order to access their online site (Not Cool!)

Sigaro - The last app I am looking at is Sigaro. It cost me a buck or two for the registered app, but they did offer it as a free version. The one thing I really LOVE about this app is that the devs are very quick to respond. They asked me for some feedback, and well... since they asked, I gave it to them! Within a half hour, one of the devs responded and added my suggestion! That got my attention real quick. The one thing I really am turned off about this app is that if you want to use all the bells and whistles, the subscription fee is $4-5.00 a month! Personally, I don't mind paying $1-2.00 for a useful subscription service, but $4-5.00 is a bit harsh for me.

So, what app do you use?
I use cigar scanner

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have used Social Humidor and Cigar Boss. I liked Social Humidor better but you have to email to get cigars added and they quit being responsive. Cigar boss is ok and you can add cigars yourself or at least you used to be able to. The app crashes now every time I tap a text field not only to add but also just searching for cigars. I think it happened after one of the last couple IOS updates and they haven’t fixed and may never as tobacco apps are going by the wayside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Cigar Register. I like it, but it was not free, it was $5 if I remember correctly, maybe a couple bucks more. Has a huge database of cigars that is updated often, and cigars can be added manually. Can save pictures of the sticks, save notes by thirds, give overall scores, etc. There are even sections for taking notes and pictures on the bands and ash. Keeps track of your inventory as well as your notes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there even any that work on iOS?
Apple determined tobacco related apps to be in violation of their rules and removed them all. If you had them previously, you can usually re download them, but nothing new. And apps are no longer supported or updated.

Annoying because the weed apps don't violate their terms and conditions...

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Are there even any that work on iOS?
Cigar scanner & Cigar register are still available in the app store, and cigar register is still receiving app updates. Apple took down Cigar aficianado's where to smoke was taken down because where it tells you where to go to buy and smoke tobacco, they didn't target everything related to cigars.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I really wanted to like Scanner, but it couldn't even scan an LGC, so I deleted it. This was when it 1st came out, and I pimped it thinking it was gonna be the next big thing, but nope.

Also I downloaded Cigar Boss, then it crashed, they re-did it, sent me an email along with a contest announcement, and I re downloaded it, then won the contest too.......but app quit working for me heh.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I'm really glad to see this discussion about cigar apps. For those who have iOS (or any other platform), we are offering a free upgrade to Premium by becoming a Beta Tester for our web app. For anyone interested, please email us at beta[at]sigaroapp.com.

As Gabriel pointed out, we have received a lot of feedback about the cost of our Premium plan and are currently working to remove it completely, so that all of the features will be free for everyone. Our web app offers a completely redesigned interface on desktops, so if anyone is interested in testing that out before it is officially released, please reach out and we'd be happy to get you set up! Thank you again for your feedback, Gabriel and others!

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I think it's great that you guys like organizing and keeping close records of your cigar collection with tasting and cost details. But it seems to me like something I would quickly tire of. :happy:
Also, there's something to be said for finding a cigar in the bottom of a cooler that you'd forgot you had - it's usually "oh wow, I haven't smoked one of these in forever!"

Or sometimes "oh man, I can't believe I used to smoke these lol", but it's always fun either way

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Also, there's something to be said for finding a cigar in the bottom of a cooler that you'd forgot you had - it's usually "oh wow, I haven't smoked one of these in forever!"

Or sometimes "oh man, I can't believe I used to smoke these lol", but it's always fun either way
Yup, at my age it's like looking through someone else's humidor.