What's new

Cigar authority radio show

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the heads up Don though, you know I don't need one. I need to watch the show from today. I stopped watching live for my chats keep getting deleted. I saw your posts from there chat box today. I wish they would embrace us and what we are doing. Why would they feel threatened by what we cigar rollers are doing. There is a reason, they wont just say it. I can make a good guess. Do you think if we were, lets say involved in the show, it would be a better show? I do. We could consider a collective sponsorship. Feel free to chime in and speak for The Cigar Authority Barry Stein.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Curious what you fans find is the draw to this show. Watched several epis and never "got it." They really lost me with their spiel about the "risks" of growing your own leaf. And when that one dude was going on about the inferiority of Cuban cigars? Please, testify.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, you most likely know the "risks" better then anyone there and, some dude and his opinion / experience with something is his to own not anyone else but, maybe that's my opinion alone?
For me they have funny bones and say things out of the ordinary from what I would expect from a retailer. It is mostly Dave but, they do play well off each other. I find it entertaining.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We as cigar rollers (ambassadors of twizzle) are really not part of their business. We have nothing to offer as far as promotion of the business they're in. We're really outsiders. Still, I enjoy the show and hearing of things in the cigar world such as the FDA in today's show. We will be affected by the FDA's action to control tobacco.

Though I may not always agree with Dave Garofalo I do like his sincerity. I really don't think he's a shyster. His report he gave about his trip to Cuba was his opinion. Like it or not it's how Dave saw it. There was a lot of hatred directed at him for his opinion and that I don't agree with. It's OK to disagree and have discussion but he was expressing his view but to hate on the guy for his report was not good. It brought out the worst in people.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
There was a lot of hatred directed at him for his opinion and that I don't agree with. It's OK to disagree and have discussion but he was expressing his view but to hate on the guy for his report was not good. It brought out the worst in people.
Well, it wasn't just that. The Firecracker bait-and-switch from a few years ago combined with the way he responded to the criticism of his "Tootsie Roll" themed cigar had already left a bad taste in the mouths of the BotL. Then when on the show they decided to respond the way they did to comments about his Cuba remarks, it blew up. Point is, he got hated on for way more than his opinion on Cuban cigars.

Edit: for the record, I've had some limited interactions with Barry, and I like him. I also have respect for what Dave has done in the industry and his efforts for the industry. I have my issues with him, but I don't hate him.

Last edited: