What's new

Cigar band coasters

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Those are very nice. Please tell us how you did it. I have a few empty coasters at the moment that I would love to fill with bands.

JDP

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks! They were pretty easy to make. I started with a set of coasters that I got from Walmart but you can find them other places too. They're made to hold a small photo so I cut a 3x5 note card to fit in the picture slot and then I used a glue stick to glue the bands to the card. The only tricky part is figuring out how to arrange them. I glued them on with the bands hanging over the edge of the card and then trimmed around the edge when it was dry (much easier than trying to cut them all to fit the edge.) You just put the card in and ta da! I have to give a big shout out to smokingIsh because I got all the cool bands from him.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I found some photo coasters at Bed Bath and Beyond (wife and I had a big day planned). They have space for a 2.5x2.5 photo. Mine came out pretty good I think.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I found some photo coasters at Bed Bath and Beyond (wife and I had a big day planned). They have space for a 2.5x2.5 photo. Mine came out pretty good I think.
i got the same ones. well thats after i bought the wrong ones that have "family" and "laughter" written on the coaster. took em back and got the plain glass ones. what kind of glue/ adhesive did you you use? im afraid a glue stick would kinda warp the bands.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Eww you can see a sticky residue on the Tat coaster. Must clean.....

Hmm I used Tacky glue because it was sitting in the desk drawer. Then because the inserts wouldn't center on their own very well I left a little tab on the insert and taped down the edge so it wouldn't shift. That way I can easily change them in the future.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Those are so cool,,,I just found out what I am going to be doing since I am retired and have enough time on my hands to do something that I love,,,cigars and cigar toys! Thx for the great idea!

I show'd this to the wife and she wants to know what else my smoking buddies do,,,crochet' and needlepoint? lol