What's new

Cigar Bands and Empty Boxes

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
What do you guys think I should do with these? Anyone out there who uses these? I must have a box stuffed with 1000 cigar bands from a huge variety of cigars. I also got like 20 empty boxes.

I know some people do arts and crafts kind of projects with these kind of things, but do they have any value to them?

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
People use bands to design humidor tops, phone cases, wrist bands, etc. There are always people who would be interested in them. To me bands are more sentimental value than currency value because I can look back and remember that great smoke such as how a scent brings back memories for people. Boxes make good storage and not much else I have found. If people set up coolidors and dont have many sticks its great to throw in a bunch of empty boxes to help hold the RH and is cheaper than buying a ton of shelves for the smoker on a budget. Some boxes like the dirty rat boxes I use for storage. Dirty Rat boxes hold pens/sharpies PERFECTLY in the slots like they were made too. Other college kids might have that use as well. Not many boxes have a real value unless they are limited like the monster series but its still an empty box. People buy boxes because the enjoyment is from the cigars inside, not many people smoke the boxes themselves. But there always is a chance there is somebody who will find value in the stuff you have.

Personally there are certain boxes I collect and have displayed. If you have an empty Frank, Face, or Anarchy box I will trade you cigars for any of them as those are the last 3 I need to complete my collection.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I buy those photo coasters whenever I see them on sale and make band coasters to bomb to fellow BOTL. They are always a big hit..

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I save all my bands after I smoke not sure what I will do with them. I am using a couple right now as inperation for part of the sleeve I am having drawn up right now.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Sounds like a great idea, if you dont mind I think I might give this a go as well
Do it up!
Couple of tips:
-the coasters usually come with a piece of thick paper in them to use as a spacer, take a glue stick and glue it to an index card and cut around it to get a bit more thickness.
-use a photo gluestick, the type that wont eat away at certain paper types.
-buy those sheets of lamination paper and laminate the finished product so beers or condensation dont soak up through the bottom and ruin your art.

For Christmas I have away 4 or 5 sets to family members that smoke and one of my buddies, they all loved them!

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I buy those photo coasters whenever I see them on sale and make band coasters to bomb to fellow BOTL. They are always a big hit..
Thats great. Im saving my bands up to hopefully cover my bar top. I better get to smoking :cbig:

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Do it up!
Couple of tips:
-the coasters usually come with a piece of thick paper in them to use as a spacer, take a glue stick and glue it to an index card and cut around it to get a bit more thickness.
-buy those sheets of lamination paper and laminate the finished product so beers or condensation dont soak up through the bottom and ruin your art.

For Christmas I have away 4 or 5 sets to family members that smoke and one of my buddies, they all loved them!
Cool thanks alot, would have taken me a while to figure those things out on my own. Thanks again for the idea.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
There are websites out there devoted to making guitars out of the cigar boxes. Down the road when I have a room to hang one, I'm going to make a clock using my bands.

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
Do it up!
Couple of tips:

Thats a great idea Justin. I'd like to see what the finished product looks like as well.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Here's what I've done. I certainly don't claim the idea or creativity, I saw a couple other brothers do it and decided to give it a shot.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
This was the first set I made for myself a year or two ago, they have gradually been getting better but I still like them..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep all my bands. I save only the first band and then i glue them to poster board and frame them.