What's new

Cigar Bar at my wedding? hmmmmm

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had one at my daughters wedding. Figured since I was paying and all. People loved it. Nothing like a bunch off buzzed younguns barfing in the bushes. I had a large humi for the"wanna trys" and a special humi behind the bar for the "in the knows".
This is important... It would pain me to see a bunch of great cigars go to waste. There are plenty of reasonably priced cigars that I wouldn't mind seeing smoked for 20 minutes then put down.

Not surprising to see myths about cigar sizes as they relate to strength and flavor...

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
eh... at my wedding when i think the time is right i'll just pull aside my smoking buddies and say let's light one up.

if you really want to... then go for it, just avoid having a gazebo with a cheezy "cigar bar" sign on it :)

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I had one at my daughters wedding. Figured since I was paying and all. People loved it. Nothing like a bunch off buzzed younguns barfing in the bushes. I had a large humi for the"wanna trys" and a special humi behind the bar for the "in the knows".
I did the same thing at my daughter's wedding Chuck. I also had the "single malt" under the bar and tipped the one bartender extra to make sure it only went to the people I said could have it along with the "good" cigars!

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Awsome idea, but i agree there should be two stashes. one for the "aquaintences" and one for your true friends/family(the ones not there for free booze). congrats on finding someone who supports your passion

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Good idea to hand out cigars. Like Chuck and Larry I did the same at the son and daughters wedding's. Sort of the way that Larry did. But cleared it with the bosses and organizers first. The men had no objection, even had a couple women thought it was a great idea and a couple even smoked one overlooking the lake during the reception.

Congratulations to you both.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
You don't think that was from the open bar??? :grin:
Nope. They were fine when they left the bar. Tipsy but fine. Take a few drags on a Dominican RyJ and poof, instant plant food.

The best was one when one of my daughters best friends, a fellow camp councilor of about 21, grabbed a PSD#4 fromm the good box when no one was paying attention and cut it. I stopped her and said,"you light that and you smoke the whole thing". See smiled lit the cigar and proceeded to smoke it down to the nub. My lesson learned, Never judge a book by its cover. Especially a Blonde one.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
The best was one when one of my daughters best friends, a fellow camp councilor of about 21, grabbed a PSD#4 fromm the good box when no one was paying attention and cut it. I stopped her and said,"you light that and you smoke the whole thing". See smiled lit the cigar and proceeded to smoke it down to the nub. My lesson learned, Never judge a book by its cover. Especially a Blonde one.
With the PSD#4's that you have around, it's no wonder she finished it!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I attended a funeral, uh I mean wedding a few weeks back. The reception was held outdoors and one area was set aside as a cigar bar. A local B & M had set up a table with several brands of cigars, the one they were really pushing was the La Vieja Habana line, they had all four wrappers along with a few other Drew Estates stuff.

All-in-all, it was a great idea, the staff from the B & M advertise their cigar bar service on their web site.

http://www.thecigarmonkey.com/