What's new

Cigar Bidding while intoxicated!

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I was watching a couple of lots today, and now after too many glasses of Woodford Reserve I put about 4 bids on CBID. I hope I didn't win them all.

GWN

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Being north of the border, I can't bid there. Does that make me lucky or not?
Just saw someone bid $73 for a five of Padron 1964s. No idea how valueable these are.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Me too. Maybe there should be a government warning of some sort.
!!WARNING!! U.S. Secretary Of Treasury has determined that exposure to C-bid can be hazardous to your financial health.:crying:

!!WARNING!! The National Divorce Attorneys Association has determined that excessive use of C-bid can lead to divorce and possible alimony. :cryloud:

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Here's a question?

Does anyone ever NOT win on CBid? Cripes, it doesn't sound like an eBay auction site, it sounds like a friggin PriceLine "name your own price" type of site.

You people are "good dealing" yourself to death!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
!!WARNING!! U.S. Secretary Of Treasury has determined that exposure to C-bid can be hazardous to your financial health.:crying:

!!WARNING!! The National Divorce Attorneys Association has determined that excessive use of C-bid can lead to divorce and possible alimony. :cryloud:
:yes: Exactly, right. The second one really hits the mark.:yes:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here's a question?

Does anyone ever NOT win on CBid? Cripes, it doesn't sound like an eBay auction site, it sounds like a friggin PriceLine "name your own price" type of site.

You people are "good dealing" yourself to death!
Unfortunately, the losing bids aren't any fun to talk about. :crying:

Of course, in the spirit of this thread, when one bids drunk one tends to overbid.

One also tends to bid a bit over budget in anticipation of losing some bids, then the moment of panic when arrives when one doesn't lose...

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
No you cannot undue a bid.. that would kind of defeat the purpose..

I have been clean for over a month now..

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Being north of the border, I can't bid there. Does that make me lucky or not?
Just saw someone bid $73 for a five of Padron 1964s. No idea how valueable these are.

that's me actually, I am bidding and it's up to 73.

let me do the math........the box of 1964 imperial maddies is $350ish on the web for 25 cigars.......that's $14 a stick...........$70 for 5 cigars if I buy the whole box.
do I feel like putting $350 on my AMEX right now?? nope, so to be 3 bucks over would be ok, well plus shipping, but all in all I am still ok with that.

my B&M sells these for $21ish a stick....plus tax, so either way I safe.

it ain't that great of a deal, and sometimes buying and splitting a box with people would be just as good, but it's something to do at night when it's dark out:agreeclen