What's new

Cigar Case?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been searching various Cigar vendors and amazon and eBay but i cant find a cigar case that I really like. What do you guys have when you go out? I'm lookin for maybe a 2 finger. The ones with the flasks built in are an awesome idea but they don't hold cigars bigger than a 44 ring. I like the ones i see with the cutters but the cutters all look cheap and i haven't seen one that looks like i can put my xikar guillotine in the holder.

I'm goin to NY, NY in August and wanted something that maybe does a little more than just hold cigars. Like i said with a flask or can hold the cutter.

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
For a larger ring gauge case, try the Diesel 2 stick case (CI and affiliates.) Its what I was steered to by the brothers when I was looking for a larger ring gauge case; although it won't really hold anything else.

m-j6bcase-01.jpg

If I need to secure cutters, etc. I usually opt for a 5 stick otterbox type case.

Cigar Caddy 3400 5 Stick Cigar Case.jpg

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I have a Herfador 5-stick I use on the road. I love it and I can hold 4 60+'ers and a pack of matches easily. It sounds like you're looking for more of something you can throw in a blazer pocket and has a bit of style to it, though. In that case I eagerly await more knowledgeable Brothers than I to steer you in the right direction so that I might also pick up something classy :)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah i ordered a herfador 5 stick from CI but yeah i want something for a night on the town. And i usually dont smoke huge ring cigars but bigger than 40's for sure. Usually like short churchills and robustos and larger. So i would be happy with something that could hold a 54-56 ring. And 1-2 fingers is fine since i usually don't smoke more than one a night. But might want to carry one for a friend.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I grabbed a single and three finger Xikar case, but same deal, can't do anything with a cutter or lighter there. Ended up just making one of the Maxpedition Fatty/Beefy cases in to my smoke case and toss the Xikar inside that for travel so the accessories are secure as well.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I have been searching various Cigar vendors and amazon and eBay but i cant find a cigar case that I really like. What do you guys have when you go out? I'm lookin for maybe a 2 finger. The ones with the flasks built in are an awesome idea but they don't hold cigars bigger than a 44 ring. I like the ones i see with the cutters but the cutters all look cheap and i haven't seen one that looks like i can put my xikar guillotine in the holder.

I'm goin to NY, NY in August and wanted something that maybe does a little more than just hold cigars. Like i said with a flask or can hold the cutter.
This is what I'm getting. A little pricey but extremely nice and customizable too. You just have to tell him what you want.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/154133152/custom-cedar-lined-leather-cigar-case?ref=sr_gallery_2&ga_search_query=Cigar+case&ga_page=1&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...

This is what I'm getting. A little pricey but extremely nice and customizable too. You just have to tell him what you want.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/154133152/custom-cedar-lined-leather-cigar-case?ref=sr_gallery_2&ga_search_query=Cigar+case&ga_page=1&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery
Some of those look great Dave! I want to see pictures of yours when it arrives!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Wow that thing is nice. It's got to be huge though. It holds 3 64 ring. And the cutter. Man they look awesome though.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I bought a "two finger" leather case for about $9 on Amazon and it's destroyed more than $9 worth of cigars.

Well, maybe not "destroyed" per se, but... It has a rough material that covers the interior and, unless the cigar is still in the cellophane, it's rough enough that it can tear the outer wrapper. I had a cigar that went into it fine but the wrong part got torn and the thing ended up coming apart on me. So, just a gentle reminder that those "great deals" rarely are.

If I go somewhere for a day or two, I bring my 3-finger case (a different one than I mentioned above) that has a cedar liner AND I bring my 15-count Xikar travel case. I can carry my lighter and cutter in the travel case and then, when I leave the house/hotel, I just pop a couple of sticks in the case and carry my lighter and cutter in my pocket.

The other reason I'd suggest to bring both a travel humidor and case (and the brothers here may disagree), is that if you're going for a few days then you can toss a Boveda pack in the travel humi and keep the sticks in good condition when you're not going out somewhere where you might be smoking them.

Just my 2¢

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
If I go somewhere for a day or two, I bring my 3-finger case (a different one than I mentioned above) that has a cedar liner AND I bring my 15-count Xikar travel case. I can carry my lighter and cutter in the travel case and then, when I leave the house/hotel, I just pop a couple of sticks in the case and carry my lighter and cutter in my pocket.

The other reason I'd suggest to bring both a travel humidor and case (and the brothers here may disagree), is that if you're going for a few days then you can toss a Boveda pack in the travel humi and keep the sticks in good condition when you're not going out somewhere where you might be smoking them
Seems like great advice to me. I keep the smaller Boveda packets in 62% format in my herfadors all the time, just slide it under the foam on the bottom for the single-layer ones, or place it at the top or bottom of the larger ones. Works for a long time.

Personally, I'm all about compactness, so take a 10 or 15ct herfador with me, and put a tubo in one of the spaces. I just throw a cigar in the tubo if I want to carry one around so it doesn't get squished in my pocket. Takes less room and weighs a lot less than most finger cases. Not as swanky, but it works better for my preferences.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I got one like that (this a web picture) for about 30$ and it is awesome.

there's room for around 3 cigars of various sizes, there's a rudimentary (yet somewhat precise) hygro and a small sponge (however I put beads sticks with the cigars for perfect humidification...)

There are some on ebay and perhaps at your local B&M.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0

Wow that thing is nice. It's got to be huge though. It holds 3 64 ring. And the cutter. Man they look awesome though.
It's completely customizable. You can communicate with him and tell him what size cigars you want to carry, how many, etc.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0

I found this Peterson three finger case a while ago and love it. Think I paid around $25 for it. Looks great for a night out and fits in an inside pocket. It is molded leather so it will fit most cigar sizes since it is a little flexible. Have been using Peterson pouches for years and they get better with age.

For longer trips I use a herfador for better protection and the ability to use humidification.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy guys, hopefully I'm not bombing this thread. I was checking my traffic and I found botl.org. I make the custom leather cigar cases 3/5King linked to. Just thought I'd throw in my hat here, and you can ask me any questions on my cases. So far in the past three years I've made over a hundred cases. I can pretty much do any logo or design you want. Just submit a picture and I can see if it's doable. They are larger than other three finger cases because they do hold up to three 64 ring gauge cigars, which is much more than a cheaper cases you'll see at most brick and mortars, and fit the trending higher ring gauges. They're lined with Spanish cedar veneer in the lower have that actually touches the cigars. In addition there are a couple extra options to add to the cases. A cutter pouch, or a cutter&lighter pouch. The cutter and lighter pouch is a divided pocket so cutter and lighter won't touch. Plus it's lined in pigskin so the cutter and lighter won't touch the back of the magnet snap. A magnetic snap is used so no pressure is needed to close the pouch as to not potentially smoosh your cigars.