What's new

Cigar Clubs, Worth it ?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello

I was wondering if the Cigar Clubs are worth joining ?

http://www.cubancrafters.com/cigarclub.php

There was another that would send you I think 10 per month, The monthly was 30 bucks. I'm guessing it all depends on the quality of the smokes, but probably the more veteran folks on here, rather choose exactly what they want to smoke.

Looking for opinions, recommendations.

Thank You

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I think more often than not, you're getting a bunch of average at best cigars. I think if you'd want to do a sampler pack, you could probably put up an ISO here on the site and get a much better sampler at the same price.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I agree, cigar clubs are generally not worth the effort. Just buying singles at your local shop ... or trading / buying from online forums is a much better bet.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Hit up the newbie sampler thread. You will be able to buy/ trade for some good samplers there. I've only heard disappointed reviews abouut the cigar of the month clubs.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, I prefer to put my own monthly (or daily :wink: ) samplers together. That way I get to try the sticks I want to try.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
As a rule, I don't do the clug thing! Most of the time, you get stuff that you don't enjoy. But, I am actually going to try the DWSC club and see what little morsels I get. Don't have to try it long.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Very early on like yourself a club may not be a bad idea. Almost any newbie trade, sampler, or club there will be cigars you love and cigars you will not like. I do however suggest you stay away from Cuban Crafters and Thompson's samplers. That would be from my own experiences. I would suggest the newbie thread here or a sampler from a place like Famous, Holt's, or Tower based on the strength or country of sticks you already like such as Dominican or Honduran. Trial and error in the learning process is still fun to me even today, so have fun whatever you do.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
"Hit up the newbie sampler thread."
Got started on this.

"so have fun whatever you do."
Always.

Thank you all.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I am in a cigar of the month on Cigars International, however I will be stopping it for the reasons you heard from above. .02