What's new

Cigar Dinner

Rating - 100%
99   0   1
Gentlemen I want your input please. I am a chef at a Private country club and I recently got the opportunity to put together and host a cigar dinner. Since this is my baby and if it goes well we will have many more. I have a pretty good idea of what I want to serve but I'd love to here if anyone has been to one and what was on the menu. Also if there are any other chefs here please feel free to chime in and lets talk food. (my other favorite pastime) :chat:

Rating - 100%
99   0   1
Here's what I'm thinking. Paseed hors d'oeuvres, then a crispy duck leg salad, stuffed shrimp and filet with garlic mashed and veggies, then a rich chocolatey dessert followed up with a glass of port. We are also throwing in 3 cigars a mild, a medium, and a full bodied, a cutter, and a raffle ticket. All for$70. My local dealer brings in like $800 worth of accessories to raffle off and sell tix for 3 for $20. Thats how he makes his dough and gives me the sticks at cost. What do ya think???

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Man i'm hungry all of a sudden, that sounds pretty tasty. How many people do you plan on attending because $20 for the raffle sounds a bit low, then it depends on what's being raffled. also choose the cigars that will best compliment the meal you don't want one overpowering the other. I'm relatively new so i cant suggest anything but sure plenty of other members here can

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sounds good. You may also want to consider the cigar sizes. Petite corona or similar size for your post-salad mild smoke, again a smaller stick for the post filet, (chateau sun grown fuente sounds good here), and then a larger robusto/toro/churchill for your post dessert. (tatuaje miami?). That way, you're not dealing with hungry people smoking big cigars and your waitstaff isn't there for an hour+ between courses. Plenty of time to clean up while they retire with their port and cigar, and you might even get out there to enjoy it with them! Sounds like a great event. Good luck!

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
dang only 70 bucks ....wish you were closer.

I think you are one the right track..a lot of cigars go well with scotch and port... so I would have foods that also go well with scotch and port. Looks like you are going to have nice rich strong flavors on the menu....good luck