What's new

Cigar "expert" Al Remp: "Look at all of the plume!"

CbusDave

CRA Member #198179
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I'm sure we've all heard this speech in a in a shady B&M at one time or another...:eyepoke:

The ammount of misinformation here is astonishing...

[YOUTUBE][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yqzjnIJWic"]YouTube - What is that powdery white substance "plume" on my cigars?[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I understand that there is a lot of information out there about cigars and one can find themselves over burdened or may had been burned by a "shady" B&M. However, the white Plume on a cigar is exactly as the man says. IF your cigar is covered in a bright green, blue, or a dark brown/black then you have a moldy cigar and it is time to bury it and pay proper respects. Please do a little more research on the subject before blasting it as "misinformation"

puffingcigars.com/cigar-faq/bloom-plume-and-mold/70/

I'm sure we've all heard this speech in a in a shady B&M at one time or another...:eyepoke:

The ammount of misinformation here is astonishing...

CbusDave

CRA Member #198179
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hi, I understand that there is a lot of information out there about cigars and one can find themselves over burdened or may had been burned by a "shady" B&M. However, the white Plume on a cigar is exactly as the man says. IF your cigar is covered in a bright green, blue, or a dark brown/black then you have a moldy cigar and it is time to bury it and pay proper respects. Please do a little more research on the subject before blasting it as "misinformation"

Not going to start the plume vs. mold debate here, plenty of other threads out there on the topic (and, for the record, those sticks are moldy as hell). However, I can assure you that plume is not "sugar coming out of the wrapper."

Welcome to BOTL...

Last edited:

darkman

BoM May '10
Rating - 100%
358   0   0
You can have all those "sugar" sticks. Plume is result of oils when properly humidified. This guy says "over humidified" produces "sugars". Kinda scary.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Plume NEVER is spotty like the MOLD in those Pics which happen to be 3 year old MOLDY Sapranos. Very bad info.

JGD

Rating - 100%
17   0   0

There was a brief part of the video where you could see what the guy was referring to. It was NOT plume, it was mold.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on a laptop so I'll admit I cant make out what he is pointing but, most of what he was saying was correct. So, Mold is what he is showing and Plume is what he's trying to pass it off as. Got it. Never liked that company anyway :cjump:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
In my opinion after watching that video even a fairly new smoker would know better than to buy any of those cigars!

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Al looked abit overmedicated
saying whatever off the cuff
then went off track
seeing how cao sopranos (box and all) are so great!

plume my ass.
that crap was all clumped up.

pricey but decent smoke though.

thanks bro!:smile:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Alright, I'm still a fairly new smoker AND I'm watching this on a laptop... and I can still tell you that is mold on those sticks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only admit to my foot being so far in my mouth and so...yeah, my bad. on my old laptop with no vid card I couldnt make out the mold.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Plume is usally evenly distributed ...Those spots and clumps screamed mold!

I agree...Scary stuff.

Wished he had smoked one on camera...Ha!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
:rofl:

Nice video of moldy cigars.

It would be interesting to look that guy straight in the eye and ask him if he really does truly believe that what he just wiped off is plume.

Last edited: