What's new

Cigar finds while antiqueing

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I was at an antique mall this afternoon with my wife, and saw this display cabinet that I considered buying and turning into a home humidor.
0307151703.jpg
The $1800 price tag made me reconsider that idea.
I also saw this almost full box of cigars
0307151658a.jpg 0307151659.jpg
They looked cool, but might be slightly under humidified for my taste.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry, don't know anything about those sticks but this is how we find those exceptional bargans. Good on ya bro!

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I did some research. The cigars were produced in Lima, OH. Makes sense, I am in Ohio. The inside lid looks similar to one I saw on the internet from 1924.

They've been sitting around unhumidified for who knows how long. I'd be pretty scared to smoke one. Hell, I'm sure I'd get drunk enough one night to try it.
does that say $35 a stick?
No, they wanted $35 for the whole box. I might go ahead and pick it up just as a conversation piece. Maybe bomb some of those sticks out to some unsuspecting brothers.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they usually wrap the cigars in cellophane way back then? Most of the old cigars ive seen have been unwrapped sitting in the box.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I was at an antique mall this afternoon with my wife, and saw this display cabinet that I considered buying and turning into a home humidor.
View attachment 59996
The $1800 price tag made me reconsider that idea.
I also saw this almost full box of cigars
View attachment 59997 View attachment 59998
They looked cool, but might be slightly under humidified for my taste.
I did some research. The cigars were produced in Lima, OH. Makes sense, I am in Ohio. The inside lid looks similar to one I saw on the internet from 1924.

They've been sitting around unhumidified for who knows how long. I'd be pretty scared to smoke one. Hell, I'm sure I'd get drunk enough one night to try it.

No, they wanted $35 for the whole box. I might go ahead and pick it up just as a conversation piece. Maybe bomb some of those sticks out to some unsuspecting brothers.
I am sure they'd burn very well!!!
Not quite sure how they'd smoke... and the flavors? Meh.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I don't think I'd be willing to smoke one, but wouldn't mind having it around as a collectable. I'd considerate more as an antique. Haven't been back that way to pick them up yet, if they're even still there. Its around 30 miles away. I believe that's 815 kilometers to all you Canadians.