What's new

Cigar Insurance

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
With El Nino pressing down on us here in Northern California I cannot help but think about what residents experienced during the El Nino of 1997 (see pics here) and what I would do since we live in what is deemed a flood zone, should it happen again.

So, based on all the preparation input we have received, I have moved the bulk of my sticks upstairs rather in hopes that should we in fact be flooded out, at least my collection is safe. However, just in case, I have had some discussions with our insurance provider who sent me this as part of our dialogue.

This leads me to a couple of questions:

Do any of you have insurance riders on your collectibles?
Have you ever filed a claim (and no, not the bogus fire one...)?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
When I had my kitchen fire my insurance company reimbursed me for all of my cigars and my winador. They were in the basement but at the time we didn't know if they were ruined by the smoke damage, thankfully the firefighter pulled my cord to stop circulation when he saw it. I was lucky because they counted that towards my deductible and the lady that did my audit had a husband that had a humidor. Either way I now know that Allstate covers cigars now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk