What's new

Cigar Jedi's Sedona Adventures of 2015

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if you have been to that area a lot or not, but there is some beautiful areas if you take the 89a towards flagstaff. And, if you are into wine, you can take it the other direction and head to Jerome. Very cool little place. Caduceus wine bar serves up some tasty wine from local vineyards owned by Maynard Keenan of Tool and A Perfect Circle.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Ok I'm going to use this thread to keep track off all my shenanigans in Sedona this year.
Yesterday was a Jeep tour and hike around broken arrow trail. Pics and video links are forthcoming.

Here's what I took with the iPhone
Your up north haha I was semi close by this past weekend (Phoenix). Doubt you'll get down to Tucson this week, but I am doing a road trip of California soon, when are you heading back to LA? I think I'm going to try to get to Sean in San Diego by the 20th. But the rest of the week I'll be working my way down the coast (15th-20th)

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
You are making me want to move back. Will you be heading north to Flagstaff?
We came in through flagstaff but will probably leave through Phoenix, going to try and meet up with some brothers at Fox in Gilbert

Hit Slide Rock and Broken Arrow Trail... all the cool kids go there. :cool:
We did broken arrow yesterday. I put the GoPro on the hood of the jeep and got some cool footage, and then walked around and took pictures.

Today we hiked up Bell rock until it got vertical, then the GF didn't want to go any further (she's not a fan of heights)

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
It's a cairn in most of the US. The Inukshuk is used in arctic areas for travel and can have spiritual meaning. Most Inukshuk are also more intricate than a cairn.
Yeah, I know about inuksuit (plural for inuksuk) but felt it was out of place in the desertic area... thus the question.

Btw its false that 'most' inuksuit are more intricate, most cairn are mainly a way to show 'theres caribous around' or "Someone was here" or "You are on the right path."
Most of them are one or two rocks...

I think you were thinking inunnguaq - an inuksuk shaped to look like a human.

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Yeah, I know about inuksuit (plural for inuksuk) but felt it was out of place in the desertic area... thus the question.

Btw its false that 'most' inuksuit are more intricate, most cairn are mainly a way to show 'theres caribous around' or "Someone was here" or "You are on the right path."
Most of them are one or two rocks...

I think you were thinking inunnguaq - an inuksuk shaped to look like a human.
I did not know that always thought they shaped them more in the form of humans and cairns are more of a rock stack.