What's new

Cigar King World Blend Reserva Robusto

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Once again, going through that sampler I bought from Cigar King.

http://www.cigarking.com/finditem.cfm?itemid=7070

I drank some yerba mate while smoking.

Anyway, on to the review. Looked the cigar over, very nice looking. The wrapper wasn't overly veiny and it felt somewhat yielding as if it would give a nice loose draw. Pre-light aroma smelled almost like a Snickers, a bit nutty, and some chocolate and cream smells as well. Acting on my suspicion, I punched the cigar and found that it did indeed have a very nice draw. Pre-light taste was very similar to the aroma but it had a hint of pepper.

The light was not bad. The smoke was not thick but it did have some decent flavor. It burned a little uneven at first but straightened out after an inch or so. It was nothing extraordinary or anything to complain about. Some hints of pepper and cocoa but nothing really stood out as far as flavor went. The stick seemed very mediocre. I only smoked about 3/8 of it as I didn't want to waste my time on a cigar I didn't find particularly enjoyable.

Perhaps this cigar would be better with age. I'm not very patient.

Overall, I give this one a 65/100.

Dogwatch Dale

Herfcastin' BotL
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I smoke a lot of these as an everyday/doin' chores/save money for better sticks cigar. You are correct, they need some age and do improve a lot with as little as 3 months extra time in your humi. Still not gonna be a classic, but a good value for the money if you can sit on them a little while.