What's new

Cigar Magazines?

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Good day Good people,

Question looking for a little leisure reading & informative literature. I've been looking at a few mags like Cigar Aficionado is this the best choice if choosing one or should a go with something else. Or what else would you recommend as an informative reader? Thanks

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I'd love to hear some suggestions myself. I mostly read CA, but I'm not that satisfied with it. It seems to largely be shallow affirmation of a particular lifestyle image, into which cigars fit, rather than a magazine aimed at cigar smokers in general.

-Charles

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
OK my take on most cigar magazines is that they are skewed by advertising dollars. While most offer some good reading, I will not read very many of the reviews in magazines. You will notice when a cigar receives a 92, or other high score, on a review, a full page ad for that same cigar somewhere in the magazine. Cigar Magazine itself is a 75 page advertisement for Altadis Brands. Of course they let you know what is coming out, and what to look for, but to see Te Amo rated as a 90, with a picture that looks like the cigar was coated with Vaseline, just makes me lose respect for the reviewers. Besides those reviewers take 5-6 draws on a cigar and then give their opinion, and move on to the next cigar.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I don't read any of them for ratings, but as far as interesting industry information, I like Cigar Snob (the ladies in this one are nice too) and Cigar Press.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I think ECCJ is the best of the bunch. I have subs to CA (too commercial) & CP (too short). Smoke & Cigar Snob are both very good..

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I get both Cigar Aficionado and Cigar Snob which are both good. I will have to find this one called "Smoke"..funny I've never heard of it!

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
ECJ will be debuting their online subscription, which include 4 or 5 years of back issues, in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
ECCJ (now ECJ) is my favorite (although a bit pricey).

Smoke Magazine, Cigar Magazine, and Cigar Press are all good, too.

I still get Cigar Aficionado because I feel like I should (plus it's pretty inexpensive).

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I subscribe to every cigar magazine I can find. ECG is great. If you need I can send you a random issue from each company and you can decide which you like just PM me your address.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find Cigar Press to be a fantastic read. I like the cigar culture involved. The latest (from ICPCR...I always forget the initials) included some sweet cigar artwork!

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
OK my take on most cigar magazines is that they are skewed by advertising dollars. While most offer some good reading, I will not read very many of the reviews in magazines. You will notice when a cigar receives a 92, or other high score, on a review, a full page ad for that same cigar somewhere in the magazine. Cigar Magazine itself is a 75 page advertisement for Altadis Brands. Of course they let you know what is coming out, and what to look for, but to see Te Amo rated as a 90, with a picture that looks like the cigar was coated with Vaseline, just makes me lose respect for the reviewers. Besides those reviewers take 5-6 draws on a cigar and then give their opinion, and move on to the next cigar.
What's great about Cigar Snob is that they don't actually give ratings to cigars. They provide reviews on the blend, construction, strength and flavor profile, but no hard number. Harder to let advertising affect the rating that way.