What's new

cigar mechanic beads ?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just recently bought a few bags of cigar mechanic beads at my local b&m to convert myhumidification cases in a few of my old humidors. the problem that im having is that the beads when wet give a foul smell which i dont want to mix with my cigars, has anyone else used such item and will the smell go away. my coolidor and large humidor is being taken care of by heartfelt beads and they are excellent.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
i just recently bought a few bags of cigar mechanic beads at my local b&m to convert myhumidification cases in a few of my old humidors. the problem that im having is that the beads when wet give a foul smell which i dont want to mix with my cigars, has anyone else used such item and will the smell go away. my coolidor and large humidor is being taken care of by heartfelt beads and they are excellent.
i just read the cigar mechanic site. too bad that the owners of the company know so little about cigar humidification, and the product that they sell. Thier instructions are wrong, plain and simple.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Is there any solvent that you can use that will cleanse conditioned silica? I know that tolulene and xylene are pretty hot solvents but mabe there are softer surfectants like TSP that can 'scrub' the beads without harming the set point.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
i just read the cigar mechanic site. too bad that the owners of the company know so little about cigar humidification, and the product that they sell. Thier instructions are wrong, plain and simple.
No doubt. The "Cigar Mechanic" came over at the IPCPR in Houston and he didn't have a clue.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
my guess is its kitty litter. ebay has guys who are packaging kitty litter, and comparing them to Heartfelt. these guys dont have the knowledge to know the diffference, and claim its the same thing. ebay also has guys who are making Drymistat knockoffs, and selling them cheap. these idiots do not even know what PG is, yet they are saying its the same as drymistat

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
an update to my problem on cigar mechanic.i sent an email to erik at cigarmechanic explaining my problem,he emailed me back to send him back the beads i got and that he would replace them. a few days later i recieved a package with a load of beads in in dividual packs plus two of their prefilled plastic containers. the replacement beads have no odor in them like previuosly.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Thanks for the good laugh Ron.

thanks for the kind words jst2007, your coolerdor loves you.