What's new

Cigar Moments

Bob_in_toronto

Live Today
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings from Toronto.
I am new to the group but not new to cigar tastings. Got my start on a boat in the middle of georgian bay, and fortunately the guys I was with, did not pass on their dudes to the newbie.

The other thing I found out quite quickly is the cost of cigars in canada are extreme and the attitude towards cigar smokers are negative at best. WEll that didn't stop me, and over the next few year, managed to acquire a collection, as well as set up a few locations for a great smoke: Roof top Gretskys in Toronto, Bob's backyard cigar haven, street side queen street west and a few others. Alas over the years, Toronto, has become more unfriendly. Image, the plaza at Toronto City hall, wide o pen spaces, great benches but $1000 buck fine if you light up. One of my favourite places now gone.

But again its the challenge of finding the time, finding the right size to go with the time available and to smoke it slowly and truly enjoy it.

Spent the morning cleanin up, an hour on the pc just doodling and finding out what this forum is about, ( I will be back), and now off to a fonseca cedar wrapped corona. Nice dark wrapper, great smell, and we will see. Got another hour before I start the dinner preparations, so me, my current book, "the last templar", fonseca, and a nice dark jamacan rum straight on the rocks will just about do it.

See you later
perhaps in Toronto

Bob_in_toronto

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
:welcome:

Bob...welcome to the board bro!

I'm from outside of Buffalo, NY, and my parents still live there. I try to make a pilgrimmage up to Toronto each time i'm back there. I love the city and access to CC's doesn;t hurt it's score either!

I'll let you know the next time I'm going up and maybe we can get together for a smoke!

Bob_in_toronto

Live Today
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres what my friends and I do to ensure that our wives let us out...

Designate one night - guys nights - ie no shopping, no groceries, no driving around the kids, no hassels.

- stick to it: once you get the night designated - we choose wed as the argos were playing in 2005 on weds. STICK TO it. DON"T GIVE IT UP. Once you introduce its okey to take the kids some where, or pick some one up - your time will be co mpromised.

- make a list of friends - include, a longer list of persons you've met and promised to back in contact with, include persons you just met at a friends party, at hockey while watching the kids play and so on...

- rotate the list from the top down. If you've got seasons tickets share them with different people.

- encourage your friends who are tooo busy to stop and enjoy a great cigar, no point starting on a poor cigar - they will just stop, and your sources will stop too.

- get out and just walk about - in Toronto there are several old car clubs that are always outside, and they do let you enjoy a cigar while chatting and looking at the cars ...

- email ahead. Although there's always room for one more, its tough to add a 5th to some card games, or just enought seats left at the game.

Hope to see some of you in the Future

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Can not agree with you more Bob. Washington DC just went smokeless this month. Anti smoking anywhere just plain sucks. Anyway sending a warm :welcome: to our Northern neighbor.