What's new

Cigar Night at The Party Source - May 24, 2005

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Cigar Night at The Party Source - May 24, 2005

I have broken my smoking fast to enjoy another great event. Tonight we finally had a chance to get to have the event at The Party Source patio, which still needs to be a bit larger to hold all the cigar lovers that show up for these events. I am happy to have these events outside once again as 150 cigar smokers all in the same bar does get a bit cloudy.

Rocky Patel sponsored this event unfortunately I did not get a chance to talk with him, but have in the past and he is a great guy that is always eager to find out what we think of his cigars. We were offered The Edge Corojo Toro, Java Waif, and Rocky Patel Sun Grown Robusto. We crowded in around a table and I got the opinions of everyone else before lighting up. The Edge and the Sun Grown were a hit as expected, but the reviews were mixed on the Java. I was expecting this, as the flavored cigars are either loved or hated.

My past reviews sum up my love for The Edge so I set it aside and picked up the Java first. Rocky Patel and Drew Estate, who are the experts in infused cigars, produce the Java line. The cigar is a beautiful maduro similar in texture to the Rocky Patel Vintage cigars. The sweetness and coffee flavors did not overpower the clean maduro flavor that I have come to enjoy from Rocky’s cigars. The Waif is an interesting shaped cigar which is best described as being over zealously boxed pressed but does fit well in the and is easy to smoke. Sweeter than a normal cigar, but would make a great morning cigar or dessert smoke.

I chose the Sun Grown as my next victim, which was quickly snipped and lit. The Sun Grown and I got off to a rough start, the first one I had six months ago really did not interest me all that much, but tonight was a different story. The cigar had a great spicy flavor profile, consistent burn and not overpowering in strength. This cigar may knock the Edge of the favorite spot of the Rocky Patel line. You could hand this cigar to a novice smoker or an old timer and both would enjoy this wonderful cigar.

Next week will by sponsored by Padilla and I am eager to try these again. The first two cigars I had from Padilla were great, but the next few left me wondering. I am eagerly awaiting my chance to give them another chance.