What's new

Cigar Night or not?

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Hey guys,

I need your help. There's going to be a Cigar Night (ENTER HERE) at my city, and it will be costing around $200 dollars. That includes:

- Cigar Gift Pack (around 20 cigars)
- Dinner and drinks, and some cigars during dinner
- Tickets to participate in a raffle.

Who are sponsoring this?? According to the website: Augusto Reyes, Davidoff, La Aurora, Macanudo (General Cigar), Quesada, and Arturo Fuentes.

Question is: What would be better? Using those $200 dollars to buy a bunch of cigars from anyone here at the forums or store, or go to the cigar event?

NOTE: Each cigar in my country cost around 9 bucks EACH (thats the lowest price, all other are more expensive), so 20 cigars x $10 = $200 dollars (But i know i can get better prices in the USA).

Moose

Moose with a stick!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man if I read Spanish I would have loved that, J/K.... Events are very cool, I would go with the event as you may run into great gifts from companies and walk out with more then 20 sticks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Event swag can always be a crap shoot. You could end up with 20 great sticks depending on your tastes or you could end up with 5 sticks you know you'll enjoy and 15 turds. You never really know. Out of the manufacturers mentioned the only three that I would probably get something I enjoyed from would be Fuente, Quesada and Davidoff. The rest more than likely wouldn't interest me.
If you have the money to burn the event itself could be well worth the entry fee. I have met many great brothers and sisters of the leaf at events and that often times outweighed the swag 10 fold. If your just looking to use that money for sticks than my advice would be to just purchase what you enjoy and call it a day.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Do it!

Typically, I've had a great time at major cigar events... and almost always feel like I leave having gotten at LEAST my money's worth, especially when you consider dinner, drinks, free raffle entries, etc... Even if the free cigars aren't all great, just getting a few good ones plus your fun night out and meeting other like-minded folks would be worth a couple hundred bucks to me...
100% agree here. Sometimes cigars aren't even just about the cigars. Getting out meeting up with a bunch of people who enjoy the same hobby you do is a great escape. The same reason I enjoy going to B&M's even tho most of the time you can get a better price online.

Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Hmmm, thank you all for your help...I understand the fact that in those events, the moment is enjoyed more than the cigars they hand out...Thinking about that, I think i'll choose not to go and spend the $100 in cigars.

Now, where can i find a bunch of cigars for $100 bucks? lol...NOTE: I have not tasted "Tatuaje", "Drew Estate", "Liga Privada", "Nub", "Man o war"..and some others...