Cigar Oasis Xl

Is the Cigar Oasis Xl worth the money?

• Yes

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Maybe - Please post clarification

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I've got a better option for ya, see me post!

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WARDOGG

Crusher of Hopes & Dreams
Rating - 100%
10   0   2
Borthers,

I'm thinking about getting a Cigar Oasis Xl for my 150 and 300 count Humidors. Yes, I've tried beads and was generally ok with them if I stayed in one place. However my job tends to bounce me around the country from time to time and it isn't always in the best of enviroments. Plus, I sometimes have very little to no time to constantly check my humidor for proper humidification. Hence the reason the CO XL appeals to me.

I did a quick search of the forums and found several raving reviews and several dispariging remarks on them. However, most of the treads were pretty old. So I figured I would pose the question again and see what the current opinon is on them and if any of the old opinions have changed at all.

Thanks in advance!

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I've got one in my winedor. Have had it for 4 months now and it's held a rock solid 67% rh from day one, and i open my cooler 2-3 times a day. Still using the water cartridge it came with and running off of dc power.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I have a couple hydras, they look similar. They are unplugged sitting in my cabinet humidor, no need for them with the beads.....

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
The Oasis leaks humidity even when it is not running, so you will have a slightly higher RH than you would like, and it would increase with time! That is not something I want happening with my cigars.
I use Heartfelt beads (about 2x the recommended amount.) And I use Boveda packs as well when I need to put something in a carry case.
Boveda is my favorite product! I really like their stuff!

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Well, you already mentioned you move around a lot so electric humidification may be the best bet, but for such small humidors I feel like those are overboard. What kind of humidors do you have? Maybe invest in a large, suitcase style travel humi?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
The hygro read out on mine was no accurate, and it takes up a ton of room in a humidor, and it makes noise, so don't have your humi in you bed room where you sleep.

WARDOGG

Crusher of Hopes & Dreams
Rating - 100%
10   0   2
Well, you already mentioned you move around a lot so electric humidification may be the best bet, but for such small humidors I feel like those are overboard. What kind of humidors do you have? Maybe invest in a large, suitcase style travel humi?
I have a 300 count Playboy by Don Diego and 150 count Balmoral. I've thought about getting a large travel suitcase style but I'd rather use the two I already have. I just like the look of them over a travel one.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i used them in my cooliders... as Dave said, the calibration is not accurate. i have the accumonitor now... love it!!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Unless you have leaky humidors, I just don't see the need for active humidification. Especially if you are not getting into them constantly (which it sounds like you wouldn't be when away).

Toaster

Aging Daily
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually using both.. I have a humi-care xg1000, which is a rebadged hydra, its huge, and I have it in a 30 bottle fridgador. However I'm also using beads too. I know your specifically asking about the Oasis, and I've heard good and bad about ALL humidification techniques. Each one has good, bad, pro's, con's, etc...

I will say this, I use 50/50 in my electronic humidifier and have since day one. To eliminate the excess humidity, as I agree with the above state that the unit will humidify even when the fans are not on. That's another reason why I use the beads, since they are 70% they do absorb any "excess"

Over all, I think the beads are what most people are happiest with they require very little maintenance, and if you decide to use KLH (100% silica bead kitty litter) its a super cheap method... There's a lot of debate about conditioning them... I remember reading if you slowly introduce 50/50 mix to the beads, they pretty much become 70% very quickly vs trying to "program" and condition them manually.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Have one, it's in a draw somewhere now. I've ditched all of my humidors for jars with Boveda packs. If I wanted to spend time checking temps, calibrating and what not I'd get a damn fish tank. My cigars stay rock solid at 65% with no tending. Yes I'm in the minority but seriously do I really care what the gizmo that I keep them in looks like? Results are all I expect.

Toaster

Aging Daily
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you just keep buying new boveda packs? seems expensive? (not flaming, just asking)

Stogie Dan

Stogie Dan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the CO XL and love it. I also have the beads in the box as well.

It seems if I have both the CO does not have to work as hard and need refilled less often.
I have an end table humidor that will hold up to 500 sticks