What's new

Cigar of the Month? CC Edition

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I really hope I am no posting this in the wrong place, applogies if I did (please move or delete)

I know the NC side of reviews has a cigar of the month review going, was wondering if there was any interest in doing one on the Habanos side...

Just a thought...

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I think it's a good idea, but I think you'll need to give everyone more time in order to acquire whatever that smoke of the month is. On the NC side, you can get whatever is chosen within a week, if you don't already have it.

The CC side would take a bit longer. Just my $0.02

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I nominate the Petit Corona vitola for August. Petit Corona because they are very common and inexpensive usually easy to acquire.
Current production cigars are:
Bolivar
Cohiba Siglo II
H Upmann
Juan Lopez
Flor de Cano
Partagas
Por Larranaga
Punch Petit Corona
Punch Petit Coronations
Rafael Gonzalez
Romeo and Juliet

I'm just throwing it out there.
If you guys want to create a poll by something other than vitola that's fine. I am game for anything.
PM me if interested, there is a side note to be discussed.
@DRed409 great idea
@StogieNinja
@OldSkoolTarHeel

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I like the brand idea or starting out with the commonly available sticks, I feel like everyone could produce a PSD4 right now...

Another option is to pick the first one and list the following month or two so there is time to acquire sticks of someone doesn't have them...

Now that there is interest I guess we should think of a way to go about it .

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I like the brand idea or starting out with the commonly available sticks, I feel like everyone could produce a PSD4 right now...

Another option is to pick the first one and list the following month or two so there is time to acquire sticks of someone doesn't have them...

Now that there is interest I guess we should think of a way to go about it .
Racist.

I'm thinking maybe a blanket brand review would be easier and more appropriate? IE- everyone review ryj for a month. Might be interesting to find common themes amongst a brand, which isn't really something I've ever seen.
To get this kicked off I like the idea of chosing a marca. Some of the marcas have dozens of vitolas so what do you think about narrowing it down by ring gauge for the Montes, Partys, Hoyos, HUs... Example Partagas >46rg.
I agree with DRed we should pick a month in advance.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I'd maybe get in on this depending on the rules. My personal opinion is to stick to a specific cigar, not brand or vitola, but I also don't know how you are all doing the NC version. If you want to keep it more open, I'd rather see a vitola vs marca. Maybe nominate a specific cigar like a Boli PC, then people can smoke that if they have it, or if not, smoke a different PC. I'd be more interested in hearing people's opinions on the range of PC's (vitolas) than the differences of cigars within a marca. A Boli CJ is way different than a RC. A Cohiba Lancero is different than a Siglo IV, etc.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Personally, I think we pick a vitola, hold a vote for a particular cigar in that vitola, and away we go. Do it a month in advance so people have a chance to get one. There's no way to accommodate everyone, but the poll should help ensure the pick is a majority pick that most will have.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm thinking to get this started let's start with something simple... I don't know to add a poll but I was thinking either RASS or PSD4 for the first month... Or month 1 and month 2... Then will open month 3 for the vote so we are always 2 months ahead of time...

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I'm thinking to get this started let's start with something simple... I don't know to add a poll but I was thinking either RASS or PSD4 for the first month... Or month 1 and month 2... Then will open month 3 for the vote so we are always 2 months ahead of time...
Start a new thread with a poll and more concise explanation under the habanos reviews section :)