What's new

cigar of the year 2011

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well its that time of year again. What an amazing year of releases. We are so fortunate to be able to living in a golden era for cigars. The passion that todays cigar makers have is amazing and every year seems to get better. I suggest you pick one cigar from limited releases and one from regular production.

My choice for best limited and in my opinion the best overall cigar this year by a wide margin is Quesada Espana corona. I have had nothing but unforgettable experiences with this bold and flavorful cigar. No cigar in recent memory has reminded me as much as one of my all time favs the Tatuaje black original. Praying that Quesada releases more of these and in the US market. If you ever have opportunity to score some of these do so quickly and without hesitation.

for regular production I will go with a dead heat between Sam Lotano Oval and Tatuaje Fausto.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
best cigar for me was a CoLa... although that isn't a new release

other honorable mentions are Stanford's 90th and Wolfman

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
This is a tough one. For regular production sticks I usually go for the Tatauje Black Petite Lancero or the Avion (if I have more time). For limited release, I can't get over the My Father El Hijo's; I've blown through about 2 boxes, looking to pick up another.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Ah the eternal debate...:laugh:.

Hands down the best LE I smoked this year was the Tatuaje Federal 90th. Didn't get a chance to try the Reserva, but the Rosado was freakin' delicious. There are several I haven't tried though so that may change in the next month or so, but I doubt it.

As for regular production...well, I'll have to say the Quesada Espana. Some would probably argue that it's a LE, but I don't see it that way. It's regular production, just for the over seas market and not so much here in the states.

That's my picks :thumbsup:.

Dan

Reeve11

crookedburn
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
La Verite 2009 was my favorite. But there were a lot of good releases. The 6 x 60 SI Padron is close to top, as well as the my father El Hijo.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Regular production is hard because of all the new releases this year like the Tatuaje Black PL, Fausto, Avion, Padron Anne, and others. However I am stuck in a 3 way tie with EP Carrillo Maduro, Illusione Maduro and Tatuaje La Riqueza.

My EL choice has got to be Wolfman, TAA and EP Carrillo Dark Rituals.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
It's a hard one for me. The ones I have in the running are Tat Black Lance, Perdomo Noir, MK Ultra, Curivari (I know its a brand but they are friggin good) and I am sure one or 2 others I can never choose just one.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Some things that come to mind:
NHC Capa Especial
J. Fuego Sangre de Toro Original
E.P. Carrillo Short Run 2010 No. 4
Cain Daytona Lancero

Best Packaging:
Namakubi (this wins fairly easily)
Zombie (bit problematic for the humidor)
Black Petite Lancero (Regular Release)
Casa de Tobaco

Biggest Disappointment
La Aurora 107 Draper's 124 (didn't think it would be that awful)