What's new

Cigar Podcast

Hambo

I'm Cigar-a-licious
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
FYI - iTunes just released a new version today with podcasting built in. I did a search for "cigar" and no entries were returned. Looks like this could be a great opportunity to get some exposure for the site. :flagger:

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
There's not too many indie podcasts available. I'm in the middle of updating (and Mac OS X as well) but IIRC from reading previously, the ones showcased in the actual iTMS are hand-picked by Apple.

Hambo

I'm Cigar-a-licious
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That's too bad. Hopefully, they will realize that the independents are the ones creating a lot of the stir and open it up a bit.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Podcast feature works very well. I saw that you could 'submit' your podcast so maybe they will add them to iTMS every week. :dunno:

M

Matt1eD

Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Found this thread from a bit of googling for cigar podcasts. Tis a great idea.

http://www.podcastalley.com/ has no dedicated cigar podcasts nor as you have been saying does itunes. Google brought up no sites and I myself was thinking of establishing a site (am in the process of improving my web design skills with PHP - and computers are my 'thing').

You should cover a new topic each week, training newbies.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Matt1eD said:

http://www.podcastalley.com/ has no dedicated cigar podcasts nor as you have been saying does itunes. Google brought up no sites and I myself was thinking of establishing a site (am in the process of improving my web design skills with PHP - and computers are my 'thing').

Hi Matt! Glad to have ya on BOTL. Kick up your feet and stay for awhile.

David

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Matt1eD said:

Cool site, let me know if you need help with the PHP.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Alright guys, I setup the main intro track so we are pretty much ready to go. All we need now is to setup a day and time for those willing to participate in the show.

Sample podcast intro

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm available Saturday Mornings.

We need to set some topics but nothing too scripted.
What we should do is use Skype and I think what then you do is each record on your end and then someone mixes them right?

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Cigar_Jack said:
I'm available Saturday Mornings.

We need to set some topics but nothing too scripted.
What we should do is use Skype and I think what then you do is each record on your end and then someone mixes them right?
Saturdays are good for me. Why don't we try our hand this coming Saturday. What would everyone like to hear (other than my voice)?

I think we should definitely have a feature where you tell one or two cigar-related news from the week that you've put on your site.

I can take care of all the mixing and putting it up online (released every Tuesday).

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Are you writing the script to publish the XML yourself or using someone elses? Just curious cause the one I have now just generates podcasts from a directory which is kinda asstastic.

I'll give it a listen when I get the chance. I have been enjoying a bunch of podcasts since I got my ipod and started working. Sync up in the morning and then I am good to go with new content for my commute.