What's new

Cigar Podcast

DWSC_Bob

Bearded Wonder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Bob McDuffee and I am one half of the DogWatch Social Club podcast team. The DWSC has been around for almost a year now and is (as far as we can find out) the first cigar specific podcast (we call ours a herfcast) on the Internet. We are available on iTunes or by direct download (or subscription) at DogWatch Social Club. Each week we review a different cigar and review happenings/news in the cigar world. Since my co-host (Dale Roush) is in Colorado and I am in Florida, we often take very different views of the same cigar. This distance factor also makes us unique among cigar podcasts.
We are currently running a contest to give away 2 StinkyCigar.com ashtrays and details are available in the show or at our website. Our recent episodes (we do the show weekly) have had interviews with Scott Shakespeare of Shakespeare Cigars and Stinky of Stinky Ashtray fame. We also have a listener line (206-339-herf OR 206-339-4373) where you can leave cigar reviews or comments about the show that we may use on the show. You are all invited to check out the 'front porch' style of our herfcast.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Hi Bob. Somehow I missed this posting. Just stumbled across your herfcast a week or so ago and have been downloading the episodes onto CDs to listen to during my daily commute. Works out great since I can listen to 2 a day. I like the mixture of music and cigar talk. Welcome to the BOTL and I look forward to hearing more herfcasts!

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
If I didn't trade away my iPod for cigars I'd check out the podcast. As soon as I get another iPod I'll definitely check it out.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Jason, you can download the 'casts and burn them onto CDs for via either iTunes or MS Media Player that will play in any CD player.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
MichiganM said:
If I didn't trade away my iPod for cigars I'd check out the podcast. As soon as I get another iPod I'll definitely check it out.
go to www.dogwatchsocialclub.com and click on the "current show" at the top left and you can listen to it on your computer :thumbsup:

~Mark

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Or click on "show notes and show archives" to listen to all of them!!! I've been working my way through them. I listened to the 1/1/06 show yesterday. I've found these are nice to hear at work.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The new show is up! (has part II of the "dopey" interview :jitb: )

Just listened to it. Great job on fixing the quality Bob! Now if you could just make me sound less goofy!!!

~M

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
MichiganM said:
Not to rub salt in a wound Jason...but I'll be checking it out!:halfgrinw

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Another great show guys! (The new 03/19/06 is up!)

Don't forget to check out last week's and to vote!

DWSC_Bob

Bearded Wonder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
N8NOE said:
Got a few more people interested in Michigan here.. Keep it up!
I see you found the frappr map as well. I had a Novice ham license at one time and have been considering going back in to it. They have expanded the uses now so that you don't have to be an Expert to do voice and such as I recall. Anyway, thanks for the support.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I finally got around to listening to one of these shows...I've since downloaded all that were available onto my ipod...I'm listening to at least one a day now as I enjoy a smoke...It's like sitting around with a couple of buddies having a smoke and talking about all sorts of stuff...very nice!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
DWSC_Bob said:
I see you found the frappr map as well. I had a Novice ham license at one time and have been considering going back in to it. They have expanded the uses now so that you don't have to be an Expert to do voice and such as I recall. Anyway, thanks for the support.
Yeah and no more morse code to get the basic license... though I still haven't taken the test myself.

I have been listening DWSC for 3 or 4 months. Now there are 3 or so podcasts dedicated to cigars, each with its own personality which is pretty nice to see.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I was hoping show #86 (11/10/06) would be available today.
:dunno:

I like to listen on Sunday mornings, drinking coffee and reading the paper.