What's new

Cigar Press - Up Frequency?

How many issues of CP would you like to see?

Votes: 6 12.2%

Votes: 2 4.1%

Votes: 23 46.9%

Votes: 18 36.7%

• Total voters

THOR

Cigar Press
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cigar Press is a quarterly pub, which I have published for 4 years. Proud to say it isn't like anything else out there and is the only true voice of the next generation!

What do you think, would you like to see more issues per year of Cigar Press? I really like the 4X a year plan, but am toying with the idea of upping the frequency when I hire a full-time person... anyone need a job? lol

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I like it quarterly. Helps keep down on all the "filler" imo. Anymore then that sometimes it seems like publishers are just adding to fill voids in there magazines imo. Btw hows your dad doing!

THOR

Cigar Press
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm partial to 4 myself - but nice and thick!

My dad is doing great, thanks. He is really looking forward to Vegas.

THOR

Cigar Press
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are in about 2000 location in the US, Europe, Australia, and some other international locations too.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Congrats on 4 years of publication, Thor. Your magazine is a great source for all things cigars.

My vote was for 12 as my appetite for cigar related content is kind of high. The various blogs out there keep me occupied in-between magazine releases. But usually, the content found on blogs are limited to reviews or opinions. I think you could pull off 12 issues per year. There's tons of info I'd like to read about that most cigar publications don't print for some reason. What I'd like to see in cigar magazines are more interviews, profiles, B&M highlights, industry trends, manufacturing processes, analyses, and technical articles; perhaps even a magazine thats sectioned off to include content on each part of a cigar's journey (from farm to store-front humidor). This format would allow for the combining of cigar consumer and trade publications into a single magazine. Maybe you could publish seasonal or special, themed issues as well.

Hope I'm not overstepping here. Not trying to tell you how to do anything.

Here's to many more years of CP.

THOR

Cigar Press
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys - I'm shocked that the link above still works, it was supposed to go here: www.cigarpress.com

There are some special issue's in the works already, so stay tuned!

THOR

Cigar Press
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys - I'm shocked that the link above still works, it was supposed to go here: www.cigarpress.com

There are some special issue's in the works already, so stay tuned!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I would love to see it monthly but would be happy to have a copy every other month.

Thanks for the great work Thor!! :thumbsup:

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I love the 'zine, and appreciate the fact that it is not loaded with ads for watches and golf carts, and gawd-knows-what-else. That, and you feature articles about cigar-related subjects, not sports-casters and popular actors. If you could crank out what you do every quarter on a shorter time scale, I'd be stoked. But that might more decentralizing, and potentially compromising consistency, so I know it might be too much to ask.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
Hi'ya Thor! i'd keep it at four....

as for a job, my daughter is an english major in college. you met her at Pete's place in W. Hollywood a few years back, while doing an interview....

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Thor,

I have loved the magazine since it first dropped in my B&M, to me, yours is the best of breed. With all the cigar information out there, you could publish monthly with not having to worry about becoming like some of the others...useless to us regular smokers.

That said, I realize cost constraints may prohibit you from doing this. So, whatever you decide, just keep doing what you are doing. Capturing the essence of the lifestyle.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Quality is key. If you can up it to 6/yr without compromising quality, why not? If you have to filll it with junk ... no.

There would be a few difficulties, of course. Not least of which is getting enough trusted cigar reviewers to do enough reviews to fill the extra issues. If you can do that ... well, who doesn't want to read more cigar reviews? Especially these days with manufacturers pumping out so many new releases--it can be confusing or even daunting for smokers not nerdy enough to join online communities.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Thor,

I voted for 5 Times per year, this way quality remains consistent and growth takes place step by step. Someday, it may turn to 6, then more, but if there is anything that I have personally learned from a privately held business - step by step.

Secondly, I would love to see more action on CP website, working more with Bloggers to accomplish this. Keep it CP style, though - "Rough, Rugged and Raw."

Continued success my dude.
JD

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Great Mag... I love cigars and beer and enjoy the fact they cover both. Someone else said this, but I like the fact that the mag mostly covers cigars and not on a lot of other stuff...