What's new

Cigar Purchasing Survey

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Last year, I ran a survey to gauge some cigar purchasing trends. The results from the survey were used for us to do a fantasy cigar shopping spree. We used the budget amounts to tell us how much money we had to spend on cigars for a year and then listed out what and how many we'd buy from all of the new releases from that year.

We plan to do the same thing with the results from this year.

The survey is here if you'd like to participate: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RjzpYhZgcvkpqc-d1uz_K_CvQ4D6sPDIIeglkmWGS9k

For any of you that may be interested in what the resulting lists looked like for last year, let me know and I can share.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
How much have I spent on cigars in the past 12 months? No idea, but I know it was way, way too much. How many cigars did I purchase in the past 12 months. I haven't a clue, but it again was way, way too many. How many cigars did I smoke in the past 12 months? Wild guess would be about 1,000, but again, no matter what the actual number was, it was way more then I should have. Maybe some others here can actually give you firm numbers, but I buy and smoke so many, that I haven't a clue.

Edited to add: OK, after some thought, I was able to complete your survey, but my numbers are not typical. I smoke on average 3 cigars a day, so that would be 1,000 in the past 12 months. I have approximately 1,500 cigars on hand, and though inventory does fluctuate, depending on what deals I can find, it usually stays consistent over the course of a year, so I would have to say 1,000 purchased in the past 12 months. Money spent? I have a broad preference in cigars, so because I don't go looking for one particular cigar, I can be an opportunity purchaser. I search the auction sites for undervalued lots, and take advantage of closeouts, sales, and discount codes (usually in combo). I usually smoke cigars that retail in the $6 to $10 range, but rarely pay more then $2 each. Many times even less. So money spent in the past 12 months would be about $2,000.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How much have I spent on cigars in the past 12 months? No idea, but I know it was way, way too much. How many cigars did I purchase in the past 12 months. I haven't a clue, but it again was way, way too many. How many cigars did I smoke in the past 12 months? Wild guess would be about 1,000, but again, no matter what the actual number was, it was way more then I should have. Maybe some others here can actually give you firm numbers, but I buy and smoke so many, that I haven't a clue.

Edited to add: OK, after some thought, I was able to complete your survey, but my numbers are not typical. I smoke on average 3 cigars a day, so that would be 1,000 in the past 12 months. I have approximately 1,500 cigars on hand, and though inventory does fluctuate, depending on what deals I can find, it usually stays consistent over the course of a year, so I would have to say 1,000 purchased in the past 12 months. Money spent? I have a broad preference in cigars, so because I don't go looking for one particular cigar, I can be an opportunity purchaser. I search the auction sites for undervalued lots, and take advantage of closeouts, sales, and discount codes (usually in combo). I usually smoke cigars that retail in the $6 to $10 range, but rarely pay more then $2 each. Many times even less. So money spent in the past 12 months would be about $2,000.
Appreciate you participating. Getting the numbers from people at all levels helps us make the numbers real rather than just for the people that have modest totals and are easy to calculate.