What's new

Cigar Scissors - Work for Lefties?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of cutters, but no cigar scissors.

I know with regular scissors, lefties have a heck of a time using them, in fact, I have several pairs of left-handed scissors.

Any lefties out there use cigar scissors successfully, or is it the same problem for lefties as with regular scissors?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Not sure, I've never used scissors, but...Welcome to the board anyway....You should stop by the intro forum and say hi.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I only have a pair I bought when in Cuba (forgot me cutter) and it has lasted quite a while. Not that I use it often...I have a Palio :thumbsup:

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I too have the Xikar Multitool. I think the scissors, if well made (these are) should not pose a problem when cutting with your left hand (they are tight fitted - so you don't need to use any 'reverse force' to cut properly).

Try a pair at a B&M & see if you like it.

I love them despite the cons:
Having to unfold/fold them using two hands & occasionally having them get caught up on the key chain.

They are extreemly well made & with the lifetime warranty - worth every penny.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I too have the Xikat Multi-Tool and I couldn't see a problem with it, or any cigar scissors for that matter. Normal scissor are shaped to fit in your hand comfortably, whereas cigar scissors just have finger holes, so I think they would work fine.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have the Xikat Multi-Tool and I couldn't see a problem with it, or any cigar scissors for that matter. Normal scissor are shaped to fit in your hand comfortably, whereas cigar scissors just have finger holes, so I think they would work fine.
Regular scissors, the blades are backwards if you use them left-handed, therefore, they make specific left-handed scissors.

Any lefties out there that have used cigar scissors, please let me know your experience.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Interesting question, something I've never really thought about. I would assume it would be similar to regular scissors.

The contour of the handle in the scissors isn't the problem. It's that the blade doing the work is on top and to the right, which obstructs a natural inside view and a precise cut. Now that I think about it, I've seen many brothers swing their entire arms and hands with cigar and cutter to the right and do it. I'd assume they're left handed without really realizing it.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Donatus Sissors (large version) in my opinion are the best dollar for dollar and they work just as well for lefties as righties. I always use sissors when I'm home.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Donatus Sissors (large version) in my opinion are the best dollar for dollar and they work just as well for lefties as righties. I always use sissors when I'm home.
Thanks for the advice and comments on cigar scissors and usability for lefties - I had been looking at the large Donatus, your post convinced me.

Just ordered a pair from my regular cigar merchant.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Regular scissors, the blades are backwards if you use them left-handed, therefore, they make specific left-handed scissors.

Any lefties out there that have used cigar scissors, please let me know your experience.
Well I just used my Xikar MT with my left hand and everything was fine. Cut was a little wobbely cuz I'm a righty, but it cut just as well. Overall I have liked other cigar scissorsbetter in the past. Nothing wrong with the Xikar MT, but Lamborghini makes a great pair of cigar scissors. One of my local B&Ms has them on their counter and they are way cool w/ padded handles.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Xikar MT and Swiss Army Knife cut just as well whether I use my right hand or left hand. Even my Palio cuts the same left or right handed.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xikar MT and Swiss Army Knife cut just as well whether I use my right hand or left hand. Even my Palio cuts the same left or right handed.
Guillotine cutters yes, but I didn't know about scissors -

Try using some regular scissors with your left hand and you'll see what my concerns were.