What's new

Cigar Size & Shape Infographic

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Back on topic:

It's YOUR graphic, so do what you want. But if I were making one, I'd make a few modifications:

--Add a Lancero (7.5 x 38)
--Add a Petite Robusto (4 x 50)
--Add the term "A" to the Gran Corona vitola
--A robusto is typically 5 x 50, not 48
--A Churchil is technically 7 x 48, not 50

As to smoking times, I agree that it varries from blend to blend. But an "in general" smoking time might be helpful to some people.

If you keep the smoking times, I think it needs to be seriously modified. Most people would say a robusto takes about an hour on average (based on polls I've seen). And just because a cigar is longer doesn't mean it will burn for a longer time! Ring guage has a big roll to play in burn times. A lot of NUB-style cigars burn for quite a while (like the short & fat LFD DL ... That sucker is 4" and smokes for 90 minutes).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great addition njstone! Thanks for the help. I was working on updating the graphic this morning. So I'll make sure and add these in there. It is 'my grahpic', but I want it to help everyone. So I appreciate all input from everyone.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Love visual aids and we need to remember that even with RG and length...there is a density issue here. I have smoked coronas that were so dense it smoked for over 2 hours and by the same token I've smoked Churchills that smoked in an hour and a half.

I know my brands and I love a dense cigar ( w/o having to suffer with draw issues ....which is why I keep a perfect draw tool) and a dense cigar will smoke cooler than one which is rolled a bit loose. the other thing to think about is the ash that is left from our cigars. Keep your ash for at least 2 inches...that is your insulator to keep your cigar smoking cooler and you can tell a lot about a cigar as to the ash it leaves behind.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here I go! I feel as thought I've got a lot to learn as a "nuub" Is that what new smokers are called ? Once I master this web site I ought to know a thing or two cigars as well, with the help of any brother that's willing!