What's new

Cigar Splitting

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a somewhat limited cigar that you want to share with a few friends, but you only have one, is it acceptable to cut it in equal portions for everyone to try?

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
You'll probably have issues with it unrolling. It's not a good idea if you can help it.
My thoughts exactly....Unfortunately you will have issues with it coming apart.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Not a good idea as they were not constructed to be able to do that. Pass it around if you are not afraid of each others saliva. Otherwise, smoke it yourself and be descriptive when you tell them how good it was.

-KK33-

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I say give it a try. What do you have to lose? one cigar?

If it doesn't work, now you can say you did it and warn others.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I say give it a try. What do you have to lose? one cigar?

If it doesn't work, now you can say you did it and warn others.
I have done it.
But, I will say it may have worked for me because I'm inexperienced enough to not taste the difference. :what:
You do have to be mindful of the potential unravel with whomever gets the foot end. (and always rotate the cigar in the proper direction...)

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have also tried it on a yard gar because it was a long smoke but as soon as I cut it the cigar just came undone.

Heath

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've cut a large cigar in half to smoke with my wife or with my brother. Both times it wasn't a problem. Is it ideal? No. But it wasn't a disaster either.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Just to throw my 2 cents in here. I have done it before cut a cigar in half what I try doing is pushing the band down to the cut half to keep it from unravelling. It works fairly well and is an idea if anyone does it and finds issues.

JM