What's new

Cigar Stories: Liga Privada Único Serie Papas Fritas Petit Corona

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a new cigar smoker and just last month I found a DE Liga photo thread on another message board. I saw some of the photos of peoples collections and my mouth watered to have one. I could see that people were absolutely in love with these things. I called around to the b&ms around here and all I could find is the Undercrown (which I absolutely loved.) So I ended up buying a tin of these entry level Ligas since they were readily available online.

I remember when I first saw the collections posted in the big thread, I thought that these Ligas are gorgeous cigars. They looked to have a rustic feel to them with their presentation and that is right up my alley. I could only stand to let my tin sit for a week before having to try one. I had about an hour to burn so I figured one of these Papas Fritas would be perfect.

It wasn't as cold this day (about 50 degrees) so I opened my garage door and noticed how lovely the cigar looked with the light pouring in from behind it.

The foot band came off with no fuss at all and the pig tail seemed made to play nicely with my Cuban Crafters Perfect cutter. It came off with one clip.

This was the first cigar that I've had that seemed to target in on just the tip of my tounge. A blast of pepper spice made its self known through out my entire maiden voyage into Liga which lasted about 40-45 minutes.

Like all good things, the end of this Corona came to an end....rather quickly as one would expect from a cigar this size. I sat this one down with the respect it deserved to extinguish itself. I plan to let the remaining 3 rest in the humidor for a month or two before I give another one a go. There were some other flavors that I noticed but the pepper on this one was so overwhelming that I could hardly notice the other flavors.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Jerron,

The photos look great.

Give these little guys some time, and that pepper mellows out. One of my favorite from DE.

Take care,
-Chrisso

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Nice pics. Love these Papas Fritas. I've literally smoked over 100 of them. I put them in my personal top ten for last year. But where I really think they shine is as an extension to a great Unico. Meaning say, after you finish a UF-13 or a FFP and you want it to continue, light up one of these. Keeps the enjoyment going for another half hour!