What's new

Cigar Tetris and Boveda

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am playing Tetris in a coolerdor. It is pretty jam packed in there. I've got Boveda large and small sprinkled throughout. My question is do I need to give the Boveda space to work, or can I just stick them in wherever there is room and they will get the job done.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
They will work dropped down into narrow spaces between boxes. I would theorize that they would stabilize the RH faster with more exposed surface area, but it should be fine if you have it jammed full of boxes. The boxes will help to stabilize the RH.

A data logger like Sensor Push or the Boveda sensor will let you see how long it takes to recover after you shut the lid, if you care enough to spend the money on one.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More space is always better than less. If you are concerned about particular cigars you could always place a pack inside an individual cigar box as well.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Are you playing Tetris with full boxes or trays? The space between the boxes should be plenty. Laying Bovedas directly on top of cigars in trays is fine also.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Humidor humidity is always a difficult topic to figure out. I think its because it involves physics, thermodynamics, math and a ton of variables. The biggest issue is size of the humidor. You have wood boxes, Tupperware, coolers, chests, cabinets, winadors, refrigerators, closets, rooms.... if you have a 150 count wood humidor or small to medium tupperdor I doubt if you need to have air circulated. As the volume of space increases I would think you need to consider some air movement.

If you are at or near max capacity for a large volume humidor you may need a fan to provide some movement of air just to make sure you get some air moving. It doesn’t need to be hurricane force just enough to move air in the space.

You would need to compress the cigars to remove space between loose packed cigars. If cigars are in boxes, humidity will penetrate the wood box and humidity the air and cigars in the Box. If the cigars are in tins, there will need to be humidity inside the tin.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you playing Tetris with full boxes or trays? The space between the boxes should be plenty. Laying Bovedas directly on top of cigars in trays is fine also.
Full boxes, a few in bags loose. This is a full size cooler. I'm in it a few times per week, but no fan.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if airflow is important, a buddy of mine attached a strip sensor to a small cigar oasis. Tripped when the door was opened or closed for about 15s and when humidity got below a certain level. Seemed to work pretty well.

Another alternative would be to buy a small battery powered fan. Swap out AA batteries with a AAA in a Tethercell:
Fan: https://www.amazon.com/Operated-Portable-Personal-Handheld-Rechargeable/dp/B01I3EOO6A
Tethercell: https://www.amazon.com/Tethercell-Smart-Battery-Adapter-QTY/dp/B00ICP1J3M

That would give you a remotely controlled bluetooth enabled fan you can set on a timer.