What's new

Cigar tours

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the past several months we have been in ongoing talks with several cigar factories in The Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and of course the Grand Daddy of them all Cuba. We are a full service, award winning travel agency. I am now going to specialize and offer tours to Cigar Factories and Festivals, Rum Distilleries, Whiskey Distilleries, and Wine Vineyards.

I belong to several Cigar Forums: Cigar Aficionado, BOTL.org, Puff, and a few more. I also belong to a couple of Cigar Clubs: Philly Cigar Club, Cuban Crafters, and The Holy Ash Club. I have organized a few events locally at Bud’s Cigars in Philadelphia and with the good grace of god I will be attending CI’s CigarFest 2012 in May and Famous’ Cigarnival 2012 in June. I also run a travel club named VIP Travel Club which is on Facebook as a fan page.

So, after very careful consideration and hours of talks and negotiations we are ready to offer our first Vacation. This inaugural event will take place the week of September 23, 2012 and return September 28, 2012. This trip will be limited to the first 20 people. We have teamed up with Tabacalera de Garcia Cigar Factory. This trip will include a cigar and rum tour in the beautiful Dominican Republic. There will be a $200 non-refundable hold fee due by April 20, 2012. I will be packaging everything together. If you are interested give me a call or email and I can quote you a price. I can’t post the prices because the price changes depending on the airport you are flying out of.

Here is a little bit about the tour:

Welcome to Casa Montecristo – Cigar Shop & Visitors Center to the Tabacalera de Garcia. Casa Montecristo has decades of experience as purveyor of the finest Dominican cigars. Here you will find the best selection and prices of handmade premium Dominican cigars direct from the source. Tabacalera de Garcia opens it’s doors to all guests that wish to experience a unique and authentic cultural experience. Come tour the largest hand-made cigar factory in the world! Here you will witness the making of the most prestigious brands: Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta, Seijas Signature, Mi Dominicana, H. Upmann, Don Diego, Santa Damiana, VegaFina, and Onyx amongst others.

Casa Montecristo Cigar Shop & Visitors Center
Open Daily
8 am – 8 pm

Schedule:
Monday thru Friday
7:00am-4pm
Saturday
7:00am-11am
Sunday: CLOSED
Tour Formats:
Groups for Cigar Enthusiasts (30 minutes)
VIP for Cigar Aficionados (60 minutes)

About Tabacalera de Garcia
History
The take-over by Fidel Castro and the subsequent U.S. embargo on Cuba were the start of events that began to challenge Havana's supremacy in the world of cigars. Former Cuban cigar-makers took their skills and seeds to the Dominican Republic and began producing high-quality premium and super-premium cigars. One of the Cuban cigar-makers that came to the Dominican Republic was Pepe Garcia of the Menendez Garcia family which owned the H. Upmann cigar factory, also makers of Montecristo. Pepe established Tabacalera de Garcia in 1971 in the first Industrial Free Zone of the Dominican Republic located in La Romana. Today the Dominican Republic is the world’s largest exporter of premium handmade cigars. Tabacalera de Garcia, a subsidiary of Altadis USA, is the largest handmade cigar factory in the world and makers of the finest Dominican cigars, unequalled in their quality and consistency.

The Brands are Legendary
Tabacalera de Garcia manufactures more than 300 different blends. Amongst these are 50 company trademarks that are the most sought-after cigars in the world: Montecristo, the industry’s most revered trademark; Romeo y Julieta, an American love story since 1875; H. Upmann, a name that embodies more than 160 years of perfection; Don Diego, the smooth and sensual classic; Onyx, the cigar that scored an almost impossible 94 rating; VegaFina, Spain’s best selling Dominican; Seijas Signature and Mi Dominicana; Santa Damiana and many more. The mere mention of these brands evokes anticipation among connoisseurs of an extraordinary experience – the seductive pleasures of a perfectly crafted smoke. Our most significant markets in the world are the United states of America (80%), Europe, Asia and Australia (20%).

The People: Smiling Faces and Caring Hands
Tabacalera de Garcia, located in the lush La Romana region of the Dominican Republic, is the largest hand-made cigar factory in the world with over 415,000 square feet of floor space and 3,700 employees (60% of these are women). More than employees, they are considered family. Like the making of fine wine, the creation of a perfect cigar is a labor of love. The artisans of Tabacalera de Garcia are virtuosos, devoted to their craft, and that love shows in their smiling faces and caring hands as they execute their art with skill and passion under the expert guidance of the man known as the “cigar maker’s cigar maker”, Jose Seijas.
Our team benefits from company programs designed to improve their quality of life, such as: Incentives, meal subsidies, savings and loans program, medical attention for them and their families, rewards for long term commitment to company, life insurance, program for the acquisition, construction and/or repair of their homes, transportation and sale at cost of food, school supplies and furniture. Tabacalera de Garcia is also the very proud sponsor of the La Romana community school “Un paso a la Libertad” (“A step towards Freedom”).

The World’s Largest Inventory of the Finest Tobaccos
Of course, great cigars start with great tobacco. Thanks to the enormous purchasing power of parent company Altadis U. S. A., Tabacalera de Garcia benefits from having the industry’s largest inventory of ultra premium tobaccos from all over the world. Mainly Dominican Republic, Connecticut U. S. A., Indonesia, Honduras, Nicaragua, Peru, Mexico, Cameroon, Ecuador and Brazil. Our aging warehouses in La Romana hold as much as 10,000,000 lbs of quality tobaccos at a time which are valued at more than US $ 120,000,000.00 . Tabacalera de Garcia, unlike smaller manufacturers, never needs to substitute lower grade tobacco for lack of sufficient supply, assuring absolute consistency. From the delicately mild, to the exquisitely complex, to the intensely robust, every cigar is crafted from leaves that are hand-selected, perfectly aged for a minimum of 2 years, and quite simply, the best of the best.

A True Handmade Luxury
The cigars of Tabacalera de Garcia are the proud handwork of the industry’s most experienced craftsmen and women. Every step of the process is accomplished by hand. From the growing and harvesting of the tobacco, to the sorting and preparation of the leaves, to the bunching and rolling of the cigars, to the application of the bands, every cigar is a true, hand-made luxury – the culmination of an art passed down from generation to generation. Even the cigar boxes are made and packaged by hand.

A Passion for Excellence
When you are passionate about excellence, you employ the most stringent quality control measures in the industry to ensure absolute consistency and smoothness that is crucial for cigars to be considered exceptional. Tabacalera de Garcia goes as far as testing the draw on every cigar made to ensure proper combustion and discards whole batches that do not meet the highest quality standard. The people of Tabacalera de Garcia are satisfied with nothing less than 100% perfection.

We invite you to enjoy our wonderful cigars and you will understand why so many connoisseurs believe they are not only the finest Dominican cigars, but quite likely the finest cigars in the world.

To join us in this inaugural adventure give me a call or email.

Jason Izzi
Professional Travel Consultant
VIP Vacations Inc.
Business Phone: 215-436-9795
Cell Phone: 267-581-8375
Email: Jason@travelbyvip.com
Follow us on Twitter @VIPTravelClubs
Facebook Fan Page: VIP Travel Club
Check out our Blogs: www.thetravelexpert.wordpress.com

http://http://thetravelexpert.wordpress.com/2012/01/18/cigar-tours/