What's new

Cigar trips

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
As I am currently writing from Nicaragua, I feel that I need to inform you guys of how amazing and informative the Cigar tour trips are. I am in amazement at the experience so far, and we still have another full day of traveling around.
If anyone is interested in learning and having an amazing time, you owe it to yourself to do a tour !
I will post pics when I get back.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Sounds like you're having a fantastic time!! Continue to have fun, and we'll be looking forward to pictures and stories when you get back.

Are you on the trip with Bob from DogWatch?

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Cant wait to see the pics! I leave for Nicaragua in a few weeks myself, should be an amazing trip.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yes we are the Dogwatch tour right now. It is put on by Colin Ganley of ECJ, and I have a hard time explaining the level of knowledge gained in 3 full days. Every day tops the previous.
The first day in Esteli we got to blend our own cigars from a selection of tobaccos...probably about 80 different types. They roll up your leaves in front of you, and you proceed to smoke the cigar. If you want to make changes, the factory guys help you choose a leaf that will try to produce the taste you are looking for, then you smoke that one too. I had 2 going at once, and got to taste the difference between just one filler leaf change and how much it changed.
The second day we got to roll a cigar at the My Father cigar factory with Pepin and Jamie.
The third day so far we have tried future production cigars that are being aged at the moment and ready for distribution in a month or two.
We have travelled to farms, a resort hidden away and great places to eat.
This has been surreal. The next trips will be just as great as far as Colin is going to ensure.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Wow guys, I'm really behind the times on trips like this. Are there some links (or other threads) that give some detailed info?

Are trips like this only offered to members of the trade or can "regular Joe's" participate?

Could someone in the know give me an indication of the costs involved for a trip like this?

Thanks in advance.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am taking my son for his 15th birthday next year, I cannot wait.

Enjoy yourself and allow us to live vicariously through you!

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yes. I went on the cigar tourism trip with Colin Ganley.
For me the trip never ends heh, I have travelled around a bit in Miami, but planted my but down in one of the fantastic cigar shops, later it's South Beach!