What's new

Cigarillos and cheroots

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I'm looking for good, quick smokes in the form of cigarillos and cheroots. Since winter has officially struck, the idea of an equally pleasant yet significantly shorter smoking experience sounds pretty nice.

How are brands like "Shrapnel", "Bandidos" and "Alta Gracia"?

"Shrapnel" is apparently the same tobacco as used in the Victor Sinclair Bohemian cigars, which are quite good.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Famous has a sale right now on Davidoff cigarillos(8 bucks for 10) and various other top brands at similar prices. I got a variety to try them out. I haven't had most of them so it's a good opportunity to try some out.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
So are the brands like Shrapnel and Alta Gracia a waste of money?

The J. Fuego's look great, but they're still big enough that they're just small cigars. A 5 x 44 would still be 30-45 minutes for me.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
So are the brands like Shrapnel and Alta Gracia a waste of money?

The J. Fuego's look great, but they're still big enough that they're just small cigars. A 5 x 44 would still be 30-45 minutes for me.
The way these "cigars" are rolled and packed, they smoke fairly quickly. I know everyone smokes at their own pace, but these are pretty fast smokes.

Plus at $2, you can go wrong with an experimental 5'er!

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The way these "cigars" are rolled and packed, they smoke fairly quickly. I know everyone smokes at their own pace, but these are pretty fast smokes.

Plus at $2, you can go wrong with an experimental 5'er!
Agreed... Short Story and the Oliva Special G are milder, but still obviously great small Perfectos.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SeriousCigars.com
You can get them for $40 less at BCP or Atlantic, and BCP has free shipping.
http://www.bestcigarprices.com/cigar-directory/j-fuego/j-fuego-origen-originals-cigar/502-24406.htm
http://www.atlanticcigar.com/All-Cigars/J-Fuego-Origen-Ltd-Original-125.asp?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=comparsionshopping&aff=511

Yeah, there is a typo on the size at BCP, that or they remeasured the cigar and a rookie measured the foot rather than the widest point.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Yeah, there is a typo on the size at BCP, that or they remeasured the cigar and a rookie measured the foot rather than the widest point.

Yeah, they really seem like small cigars to me. Maybe even Petit Coronas.

Still eager to try them.

I'm just really looking for something that I can smoke in, say, 15-20 minutes.

...first person who says "cigarettes" gets a slap upside the head :stickbeat

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
AVO makes some small cigars (puritos) that I quite like. The Domaine Puritos are something I always keep a tin of around for a short smoke with my moning coffee on weekends.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they really seem like small cigars to me. Maybe even Petit Coronas.

Still eager to try them.

I'm just really looking for something that I can smoke in, say, 15-20 minutes.

...first person who says "cigarettes" gets a slap upside the head :stickbeat

Yeah, the J Fuego OOs are really good cigars for what they are, but they are a bit big for cheroots and 15-20 minutes, nach, not unless you are speed smoking.

There is someone I know off on another forum who cuts them in half to make shorter smokes. he just smokes the lower section first to avoid having the capa unroll if left sitting.

Oh, just remembered - how about these?
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/proddisp.asp?item=CS-HOA&stext=havana classico

Someone sent me two 5'ers of them a few years ago, and, at the time, I thought they were decent cigars for what they were. I want to say about a medium bodied, creamy, a hint of cedar and mostly just tobacco flavors, but it's been a long time, I might have the flavors mixed up. About 15-20 minutes is all they would last, besides, at the price, it's not really a heartbreaker to walk away from one of them after you've only smoked 2/3 of it.

Or there is always cigarettes...

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Cuchillos Cubanos 32 and Padron Cotrticos for the cigarillos. Although if you smoke those within 15 minutes, they'll definitely get too hot and bitter. Those are maybe a 25 - 30 minute smoke (for me at least, since I smoke slowly).