What's new

CigarOasis Excel 3.0 issues

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I got a Cigar Oasis Excel 3.0 a few months ago. After running it for a few weeks, I noticed my humidity was dropping, but it never showed a low water alert. I refilled it, and all was fine. I look in the humidor every few days, and it has consistently displayed 66.5% for a few weeks, so I didn’t think much of it. I realized today that it has been two months since I filled it. Took it out, still displayed 66.5%, but I noticed my other hygrometer showed 60%. Again, no low water indicator ever displayed. I filled it and it’s running, but when I put it back in, it was showing 57%. Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues.

Also, I’m wondering how my sticks may have been affected, and how long I should let them sit before having one.

thanks in advance

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
As far as your cigars they should be fine. As far as the cigar oasis if you bought it new a phone call or message to the manufacturer or seller may be the best route. I'd think it would be pretty easy to put filling the reservoir on some type of schedule and not relying on that little LED

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Oasis can be hooked up to WiFi and can give you alerts over your smart phone. It's a really handy thing to have when you're like me and forget about it.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Does it require a subscription and does it indicate low water levels? I looked through the company site and didn't see a good explanation about the wifi connection. Just a subscription that indicates temperature and humidity levels in the humidor. I bought a bunch of bluetooth Govee Thermo-hygrometers that are pretty reliable.

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it require a subscription and does it indicate low water levels? I looked through the company site and didn't see a good explanation about the wifi connection. Just a subscription that indicates temperature and humidity levels in the humidor. I bought a bunch of bluetooth Govee Thermo-hygrometers that are pretty reliable.
It's a subscription that is $20 for the year, IIRC. Well worth it IMHO. You can do anything from your phone: You DO get low water alerts, you can raise / lower the RH, monitor the hourly humidity and temp, etc. I have the Oasis Plus 3.0 in my Lauderdale. You have to bump it up a little if you have a lot of cigars, but it's set it and forget it until you get an alert or see the low water icon on the unit.

I had a little difficulty getting it to connect to WiFi... the instructions aren't very clear. And you need to have a certain type of WiFi. But once it's set up, it's really neat and convenient!

*edit* I think those bluetooth hygrometers are awesome, but I use the Ebay black plastic ones. Easy to calibrate and accurate. I bought a $25 Xikar hygrometer and it's a POS... it always reads 52-55 RH when the oasis and other two hygrometers say something different.

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I got a Cigar Oasis Excel 3.0 a few months ago. After running it for a few weeks, I noticed my humidity was dropping, but it never showed a low water alert. I refilled it, and all was fine. I look in the humidor every few days, and it has consistently displayed 66.5% for a few weeks, so I didn’t think much of it. I realized today that it has been two months since I filled it. Took it out, still displayed 66.5%, but I noticed my other hygrometer showed 60%. Again, no low water indicator ever displayed. I filled it and it’s running, but when I put it back in, it was showing 57%. Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues.

Also, I’m wondering how my sticks may have been affected, and how long I should let them sit before having one.

thanks in advance
Even if I don't get the low water alert, I try and fill it every month if I remember. I found that just before you get the low water indicator, the unit will run more trying to catch up, but since there's not that much water in it, your RH will drop. If you can hear it spooling up often, the water level is probably low even if the indicator isn't on yet. It will also read wacky numbers if you just filled it or if you recalibrate it. It only lasts a minute maybe. And be careful not to get any water anywhere else but on the sponge. That can give you funky readings too and sometimes cause the unit to run constantly or not at all.

Just my experience,
Baz

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies, they are appreciated. Cigar Oasis was great getting back to me. I hadn’t connected it to wifi, and the person I spoke with said that the software version may have needed updating. Apparently older versions potentially had issues. Waiting for it to validate and update, but hopefully that fixes it. I checked, and my cigars internal humidity dropped to around 58%, hoping they will not be too badly effected. The humidor this was in holds most of my Cubans.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep them at 67% and 65 degrees. Temperature doesn’t fluctuate more than a degree or two either way.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
A lot of the brothers keep Cubans below 65. 62 seems to be pretty common so I'm guessing your cigars will be fine.