What's new

Cigars and Wine

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally i like the way sweeter red wines pair with the dry hay taste of conny wrappers.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on pairing most smokes with a port wine. I also agree that big spicey wines like syrah, shiraz and cabs really pair well darker leaves. When you have a very earthy, leather cigar i prefer more old world wines like Barolo, chateau neuf du pape and pinot noirs.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoy a bold red wine with a cigar, but since i am the only one who drinks in our house I don't to do it everynight so I often find myself throwing out half the bottle. Been thinking about switching over to a box wine so it will last longer. Anyone have any suggestions?
Get one of these vacuum sealers, they are cheap and will protect your wines for 7-10 days post opening.
EG1475-1-Wine-Bottle-Vacuum-Sealer.jpg

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I really enjoy a bold red wine with a cigar, but since i am the only one who drinks in our house I don't to do it everynight so I often find myself throwing out half the bottle. Been thinking about switching over to a box wine so it will last longer. Anyone have any suggestions?
Get one of these vacuum sealers, they are cheap and will protect your wines for 7-10 days post opening.
View attachment 34617
That is about how long it takes me to finish a bottle.I will have to give this a try.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I drink red wines while smoking fairly often, not necessarily because they pair good, but because I don't like white wines. I usually stick to petite sirah, chianti, Shiraz, and occasionally pinot noir and merlot. Not a big fan of cabernet sauvignon though.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
We use the Vacu-Seal unit as well, mostly out of convenience and the fact that a bottle rarely lasts longer than 2-3 days in our house, but it can only remove so much of the oxygen in the "vacuum." The most effective method I've used is to take an empty, clean plastic water bottle, pour in remaining wine, squeeze until wine level is up to the top and no air remains then screw on the bottle's cap. No air = no oxidation. You can get a good week-and-a-half to two weeks this way!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smoking a AB MAX "Fix" with some Chateau Ste. Michelle Columbia Valley Riesling, absolutely amazing
Both wine and cigar well within budget for anyone

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Tried a great malbec yesterday from Mendoza. Colores del Sol. With you on this thinking bro...

I pair cigars with wine fairly regularly..

If I'm smoking.. I almost always go for a very full bodied, very "spicy" wine... something like a bold chianti.. or a malbec... or a "thick" syrah...

otherwise, a full bodied smoke (or even a medium bodied smoke that leans toward full) will (IMO) overpower the wine... and you loose all the complexities.. you may as well drink grape juice (again, IMO)...