What's new

"Cigars are puke"

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,after reading such garbage I am glad I don't have an account with them or amazon.I know that I would devolve to using
improper grammer in disclosing just how ignorant and selfish he is.That he believes that anyone really cares for his thoughts on
cigars shows just how narssistic he is.I pride myself on treating people with respect by trying to stay down wind when smoking.
I just they would show the same respect by staying inside when I'm smoking outdoors.I've had people cross the parking lot at
shopping malls to complain about my smoking in my own car.Sadly,those have received the one digit salute,and if they persist
I do a really good berzerk/

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I blame *bad* cigars (including all flavored cigars, which make me sick to smell secondhand) for these poor opinions of cigar odor. Also there are certain types of men who are really boors and really don't know much about cigars and don't really care much for the comfort of others.

But to a man, everyone I know in this hobby is -- if anything -- courteous to a fault, regarding smoking around nonsmokers.

Secondhand cigarette smoke is garbage. Pipe smoke is heavenly. Cigars are in the middle, unless you are a cigar smoker, in which case it can be downright enjoyable.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I blame *bad* cigars (including all flavored cigars, which make me sick to smell secondhand) for these poor opinions of cigar odor. Also there are certain types of men who are really boors and really don't know much about cigars and don't really care much for the comfort of others.

But to a man, everyone I know in this hobby is -- if anything -- courteous to a fault, regarding smoking around nonsmokers.

Secondhand cigarette smoke is garbage. Pipe smoke is heavenly. Cigars are in the middle, unless you are a cigar smoker, in which case it can be downright enjoyable.
This.

Couple things came to mind when I read that article.

The first was on two occasions at outdoor adult venues (both beer fests) where someone, somewhere, was smoking a crap cigar. Couldn't see who it was, but could smell it quite strongly and it was indeed foul. I made a comment about the stink and the people with me thought I was ridiculous because I enjoy cigars. But even my wife said "no, that one really stinks".

Another experience is our trackday events. Total attendance in the thousands, and I've not heard one complaint about my cigars which are pretty much constant throughout the weekend. One girl did say "you stinking up the place again with your cigars?" which I replied "you know it" and she said "well at least whatever you're smoking doesn't smell as bad as most" I hear many more compliments and people asking what I'm smoking. And smoking the pipe, it's all positive.

Went to the liquor store late tonight to grab some beer since my keg went dry and my fermentors aren't ready yet. The bar next door to the liquor store still allows smoking inside. Been a while since I've gone there, but I brought my pipe and a light aromatic when I went (1q or something). Now they have in vinyl letters on the door "No cigars or pipe tobaccos allowed indoors"

Pretty sure it comes down to too many people smoking crap cigars, and generally being inconsiderate jackholes.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Deadspin is all about writing stuff they think is "click bait" as they want troll people in the hopes of getting traffic to their hack-ish website.