What's new

Cigars, Energy Drinks and Nicotine buzz

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Unspecified Bunker in El Paso - status: vagabond
I'm curious if anyone has experienced this. I can smoke the same cigar at the same pace but when I do it while drinking an energy drink I tend to feel a significant Nicotine buzz as compared to when I don't have an energy drink.

I haven't noticed this with coffee or any other beverage.

Example: today I smoked a little Papas Fritas, no faster that I usually do. I was drinking a Monster sugar free energy drink. I have one heck of a buzz. Compared to last week when I smoked one with just water I didn't get any Nicotine effects.

Before anyone might suggest food I smoked these at the same time of the day with both having a similarly heavy breakfast.

Thoughts?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I gotta say, I don't think there's any rhyme or reason as to when or why nicotine sickness strikes. My kid has smoked a stick on a completely empty stomach with no ill-effects. But smoking that same stick on a full stomach with a sugary drink, and he buicks all over my yard...:vomit: !! Just the other day, on a full stomach, I got woozy from a Four Kicks. Hasn't happened to me in about a year. Makes no sense.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Nicotine is a really crazy chemical which is probably something you should stay away from if you're diabetic... I was surprised how it really mucks with blood sugar when I read about it click here if you want to read more. Moderation is the key to everything I suppose.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I like your style. But anyways, do you think it was cause of the sugar free monster? I usually just drink the regular one if I do have one with a smoke, and don't notice any difference in nicotine hit.
Real sugar will counteract the nicotine. If it wasn't sugar free you MAY not have noticed it.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Those energy drinks have a lot more than just caffeine and sugar. Who knows what might have compounded the nicotine or maybe the nicotine combined with some chemical in the drink is what could have done it. As for sugar free, I'd rather drink rat piss. Artificial sweeteners do more harm than real sugar. High fructose corn syrup is also really bad for you. The good ol' cane sugar is the best as long as you eat/drink it with moderation. Try to find sodas (if you really need to drink a soda) with real sugar like Real Sugar Pepsi or Hansen's. Other good options if you need something sweet are honey and agave syrup, you can add it to coffee or sparkling water.

sirhchris

If no fit put spit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with @ZippoGeek there are times where I have a full stomach, I wait about 45-1hr to get a stogie in, I start to hurl. Compared to I'm having a stogie while I eat, I get nothing...small buzz. I've had strong coffee and smoke and start feeling green half way through my stick, where I have a energy drink and I'm good to go! I just don't know. trial and error I guess.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I get the nic-spins anytime I drink coffee (always black) with an NC. I can do coffee with a CC.

But it is really about the chemical combination - some have compounding effects, and it varies by person.