What's new

Cigars favored by famous mobsters?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm trying to collect info regarding on the cigars favored by well known mobsters.

Al Capone is the only person I can confirm (Hav-A-Tampa).

Any leads? "Fat Tony Salerno? Jimmy "The Weasel Fratianno? Carmine Galante? etc,.
Thanks!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The big Cuban mainstays (H.Upmann, Partagas, etc.) were in business for all eras of the dons listed above. Many brands came and went during the span of the aforementioned eras. When Capone was in power, most corner stores had nickel cigars while his were considerably more expensive. These quality smokes were undoubtedly Cubans and, if not rolled and boxed in Cuba, were likely sent to Florida as bulk leaf and rolled at factories there.

Lew Rothman would be a great guy to ask about this

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I mistakenly read this thread title as “Cigars FLAVORED by famous mobsters.” I’m both relieved and a little disappointed to see I was wrong :LOL:
"The first third starts with notes of cocoa and racketeering, which then develops into a deeper espresso with a slight hint of drug trafficking. Final third is much the same, but I detect an on-and-off note of extortion which is unexpected but very welcome. I give this stick 8/10 and look forward to seeing how it develops with a little humidor time."

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
"The first third starts with notes of cocoa and racketeering, which then develops into a deeper espresso with a slight hint of drug trafficking. Final third is much the same, but I detect an on-and-off note of extortion which is unexpected but very welcome. I give this stick 8/10 and look forward to seeing how it develops with a little humidor time."
You forgot they smelled of prostitution! :)

Sarge

Cigar Junkie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seems Capone also smoked La Corona.
article: https://www.myalcaponemuseum.com/id236.htm

oddly enough, I doubt there's a lot of knowledge out there about which cigars any particular mobster smoked. This is the kind of question that only those with first hand experience could've told us, and those same people with said knowledge are long gone. It's an interesting question that now has me interested.