What's new

Cigars for Troops in Afghanistan Event

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
JWyatt dropped a rediculous amount of cigars on my head and charged me with the duty of making sure they got to the troops here on my FOB. In total it was 5 big boxes of very nice smokes. I have cleared it with Base Ops and the USO to hold an event publicized throughout the Area of Operations to notify everyone here of this event. The USO agreed to let me use their building and provide sodas and non-alcoholic beer. Thanks to guys here who may have contributed and to Larry and Dan for submitting pictures of Santa for me to use in the flyer. I hope the admins don't mind me plugging BOTL. I asked if it was ok and havent heard yay or nay yet, so me being me, I went ahead and did it anyway.

This is just the announcement. On Friday 17 December I will post up the pics! Maybe the most damage done by a "bomb" I have ever seen on BOTL. Should be epic!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is tremendous. Way to care for the troops. God bless his generosity and your making this happen.

I am sending a care packet to Camp Leatherneck with a couple of boxes for my son to distribute. He tells me all the time, "Dad, we love getting back to "the house" and standing around the fire and smoking cigars. This brings us so much joy".

These acts of support for those who provide the security blanket we sleep under is the least we can do.

Semper Fidelis BOTL's

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
WTG Sarge, I love to send a few sticks here and there to you guy's :) Merry Christmas stay safe and come home soon!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Had a huge turn out. Everyone from privates to the Brigade Commander showed up. I ran out of cigars in 15 minutes! Everyone was thrilled and happy to have some cigars. People flipped out that there were Gurkhas to be had. People couldnt believe it was all free. I have a ton of pics of the event here:

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/album.php?albumid=638

It would take me a few days to post all the pics in this thread.

Thanks again to JWyatt and the guys who helped him make this happen!

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Wow! That is awesome! That's a bunch of happy troops! And that's a LOT of cigars!
Congrats to all that participated! You've done well!:cbig:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not customary to salute a NCO, but in your case...exception granted.

Attention on deck! There's a great BOTL in the room.

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
SS that is awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics and outstanding job spreading the wealth across the fob! You had troops lined up around the t walls! Merry Christmas to all of you serving over there and I hope you all get home safe. :usaflag:

Last edited:

scotchNstogie

Crossbones 2011
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Great Job. Glad to see it was a success. You can see in the pics the appreciation on everyone's faces. Now you need to add some pics of everyone smoking them.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job leading the way on the SGT. Leave it to an NCO to know how to get an event put together quickly that will increase morale. Merry Christmas to all of you over there right now. Continue the fight and keep your heads down.