What's new

Cigars from Ybor

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I found La Herencia De Cuba during a search for small shops in Ybor and decided to go ahead and order some of thier cigars to try out. Might be a winner, might not...time will tell. I haven't really tried a lot of the independant shops cigars but am looking forward to something new.

Anyways, I ordered 5 perfecto's today and will probably get them by friday.

Here's a link in case anyone wants it:
http://www.ramirezcigars.com/

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I really need to check out the boutique cigars more

Let us know how they are

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
What label did you get?

White Label : Medium to full cigar that's not harsh, rightly spiced.
Available only in Churchill, Robusto, Deliciouso and the Torpedo.

Black: Mild cigar with a woody smooth flavor.

Red: Mild to medium, richer in flavor with pepper and sweet notes.

Yellow La Herencia Label: Medium to full-bodied cigar, with notes of toasted nuts in flavor. A very rich cigar.

Definitely let us know how they are.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I got the yellow label. Only two options for the perfecto (red & yellow) but if they are anywhere near decent I'm probably going to go for the corona or robusto next.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I've been to their shop a couple of times. Tried one of their mild cigars the first time and wasn't that impressed, but it was mild. Went back a week or so ago and picked up a couple of their La Herencia de Cuba robustos. Been letting them sit and mellow a little but hope to smoke one soon. They are all rolled on site, and it's a family run affair. Wish I spoke Spanish, I would have felt more at home.

Hope you enjoy yours. I'll report back once I try one of my new ones.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought some of the Medium coronas a couple of months ago really good smoke.

I also bought some perfecto #1 at Martinez & Gonzales another really good smoke.

Both of thse places do have roller viewing.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Well i found these stashed away in the cooler (2 left) and decided to smoke one. I remember not being happy with it before...well it's a different cigar now! Very nice draw and full of zip. I can taste the nuttiness now that was missing from it before and am thinking that maybe buying a box might happen in the upcoming months.

These cigars really need a long nap to come around and open up, but so far it seems worth it.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Do you get to see them roll in the shop?
The shop is weird. It's in an old historic red brick building. You walk up the steps and enter a room with a desk and sliding glass window. You tell them what you want, and they run to the back and get it. You cannot see anything in the back except for some desks and workspaces.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I bought a couple of the cigars from the shop attached to the columbia when I was in ybor last time. Was pretty good, but its been a while and my tastes have matured so next time I should pick some cigars up from around there.